Wilmington Police Department Reports – Wilmington News Journal
WILMINGTON— The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All persons charged/arrested are presumed innocent until eventually found guilty by a court. Charges can be dropped or amended in court.
Wilmington Police recently handled the following reports:
• At 2:50 pm on March 18, police responded to a call for aggravated burglary at a residence on Clark Street. According to the report, when the office arrived, they observed the back door open and “blood everywhere” on the kitchen floor. Police entered a 22-year-old woman on the living room floor “covered in blood”. The police called her name several times and finally answered. She said someone came into her house and stabbed her. Paramedics arrived and assessed the victim. WPD Sgt. Neil Rager told the News Journal the victim was discharged from hospital the same day. The case is currently being investigated with no suspects at this time.
• Police arrested a 48-year-old woman for alleged domestic violence at 8 p.m. on March 13. According to the report, officers responded to an Elm Street residence in reference to two female subjects in a physical altercation. The female victim – the suspect’s adult child – apparently had minor injuries, according to the report.
• Police arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of aggravated threat at 12:02 p.m. on 14 March. According to the report, a 32-year-old man reported that his roommate (the suspect) had threatened to harm him.
• Police arrested a 40-year-old Hillsboro man for a suspected OVI and resisting arrest at 1:45 a.m. on March 13. According to the report, police found the suspect “slumped over the wheel” in a vehicle “in the middle” of Dana Avenue near Gibraltar Drive. The report said three grams of “other cannabis derivatives, including hash” were seized by police.
• At 12:15 am on March 15, police carried out a traffic stop on South South Street near Doan Street. According to the report, suspected narcotics and drug paraphernalia were located during the investigation. The report indicates that the police seized a crystalline substance. Charges are pending lab analysis. A 27-year-old Hillsboro man has been listed as a suspect.
• At 11:26 p.m. on March 16, police received a stolen vehicle report. According to the report, the vehicle was a Chevy Sedan and was taken from the 200 block of North South Street. A 27-year-old Hillsboro man has been listed as a suspect.
• At 2.57am on March 20, police responded to a residence on South South Street in reference to a report of criminal damage to property. The report shows $200 in property damage. The police recovered a cell phone and cigarettes as evidence. A 24-year-old Sardinian man has been listed as a suspect.
Contact John Hamilton at 937-382-2574