Categories: Business

Who will receive payments on April 9?

(NEXSTAR) – In the midst of increasing indignation concerning the changes offered to access to social security services, the reduction of staff and recent websites, some may monitor their payments with a little additional control in April.

Social Security Administration (SSA) said on Tuesday that it was investigating the deep cause of online breakdowns which had affected the “My Social Security” portal where the beneficiaries were accessing their advantages.

In particular, people who receive additional security income, including the elderly disabled and adults and low -income children, said they had received an opinion that said they “did not receive any benefits”. The agency said this opinion was a mistake.

About 7.4 million elderly people, adults and children receive SSI services, according to an internal report in 2023. We do not know how many people have received the erroneous message on their portal.

Social security payment schedule in April

For those who wish to monitor their payments closely this month, or simply need a good way to structure their budget, the regular calendar of social security retirement services for 2025 and 2026 can be found online.

The SSA holds pension payments by date of birth, so the break will be as follows:

  • Wednesday April 9: Birth dates between the first and 10th

  • Wednesday April 16: Birth dates between 11 and 20th

  • Wednesday April 23: Dates of birth between the 21st and the 31st

Additional security income beneficiaries were to receive their payment on Tuesday, April 1. The following month, there will be two SSI payments, Thursday May 1 and Friday May 30.

Is social security money to “millions” of people listed as old as 149?

SSA recommends that beneficiaries who do not receive payment on their due date first contact their bank or their financial institution to see if there was a delay. Otherwise, the SSA recommends calling 1-800-772-1213 or contacting a local social security office.

SSA Backtracks on certain identification requirements

In March, the SSA announced a plan that would require millions of recipients and candidates to authenticate their identity in person or online, rather than by telephone, before making requests such as services or changes in direct information on deposits.

The Trump administration says the measure is necessary to fight fraud.

The news of the change has occurred while the Elon Musk government ministry listed 47 offices in 18 states providing for the closure.

The SSA has since denied that it would permanently close the offices and that this has also partially supported its proposed identification requirements.

Trump, fears of musk fuel from social security cups with a “fraud” conversation

“We have listened to our customers, our congresses, our defenders and others, and we update our policy to provide better customer service to the most vulnerable populations in the country,” said Lee Dudek, SSA interim commissioner in a press release.

Social Security Administration said on Wednesday that people requesting social security disability insurance, health insurance or additional security income that is unable to use the agency’s online portal can supplement their complaints entirely by phone rather than person. Other SSA candidates will always have to check their identity in a campaign office.

The changes will apply to all beneficiaries from April 14, instead of the date announced previously on March 31.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Copyright 2025 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports and streaming videos, go to the hill.

remon Buul

Recent Posts

British deputies prohibited from Israel have returned home, say they are “amazed” by treatment

Two British members of the Parliament who were refused the entry into Israel returned to…

21 seconds ago

Khanna seems alarm as more than 4,100 factory workers were dismissed in the middle of Trump’s price chaos

The Congress member, Ro Khanna, is alarmed on mass layoffs in the American economy resulting…

5 minutes ago

The Lotus White ‘star lou Wood: Cast “ accidentally’ went method

The line between fiction and reality is for the cast of "The White Lotus" this…

6 minutes ago

Israeli military changes have changes in the murder of paramedical Gaza after the attack video | Israel

The Israeli army went backwards for the murder of 15 Palestinian doctors in Gaza last…

6 minutes ago

The US prosecutor says Trump “ was going to be finished ” after the second mandate | Trump administration

Pam Bondi, the American prosecutor general, expressed skepticism about the idea that Donald Trump is…

9 minutes ago