West Ham’s Rice wants to move to Arsenal this summer
The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are preparing for it and there is a lot of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Rice wants Arsenal to move this summer
West Ham United Midfielder Declan Rice wants to move to Arsenal this summer and is ready to make his intentions clear, reports the Mirror.
The 24-year-old has been named as a priority signing for the Gunners in the upcoming transfer window, with manager Mikel Arteta set for a summer of heavy spending as he seeks to add to his squad to compete in the League of Nations. champions next season.
The England international has a contract with West Ham until 2024, but Arsenal believe they are in pole position to land the midfielder.
While that preference could help Arsenal’s chances of signing Rice, the Gunners will still have to dig deep into their pockets to meet West Ham’s £100m valuation of their captain. Due to interest from clubs such as Manchester City and Manchester United, Arsenal want a deal as soon as possible to avoid a potential bidding war.
With Xhaka Granite ready to leave the Emirates and Thomas Partey also potentially outgoing, midfield reinforcements are reportedly high on Arsenal’s list of priorities in the coming window. from Brighton Moises Caicedo has also been strongly linked with a move to north London, however rice is believed to still be the priority for the summer.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Erling Haaland is set to extend his deal with Manchester City, reducing the chances of Real Madrid landing the striker anytime soon, according to Football Insider. The report reveals that the Norway international, who is under contract until 2025, is happy to stay with the Premier League champions until 2026. This follows a record season in which Haaland, 22, was scored 52 goals in all competitions. .
– Arsenal and Manchester City are monitoring the Crystal Palace winger’s situation Michael Oliseby Ekrem Konour. The 21-year-old has enjoyed a promising season with the south London club, registering 10 Premier League assists, as well as two goals. With all of Europe eyeing the talented winger, Olise is under contract at Selhurst Park until 2026 meaning Palace are under no financial pressure to transfer him.
– Barcelona must meet John FoythThe €55m release clause if they sign the Villarreal defender this summer, Sport report. Villarreal are said to be reluctant to part ways with the 25-year-old and view Foyth as a key player for next season, meaning the only way the LaLiga champions can secure the defender’s services is to meet the release clause . This could be a stumbling block for cash-strapped Barcelona, who are looking not to spend much this summer to ensure they stick to LaLiga’s financial fair play rules.
– AC Milan have agreed personal terms with Daichi Kamadaaccording Rudy Galetti. The 26-year-old has become one of the most sought-after free transfers this summer after it became clear he would not be extending his stay at Eintracht Frankfurt. The Japan international has enjoyed a stellar season in Germany, scoring 16 goals and six assists in all competitions, catching the attention of all of Europe.
– Benfica and Barcelona are interested in the winger Angel Di Maria, who is expected to become a free agent this summer, according to Relevo. The Argentina international has a contract with Juventus until June but it’s believed he won’t sign a new contract with the Italian giants. As well as attracting Europe’s attention, the report suggests Saudi clubs are monitoring the 35-year-old’s situation.