Perhaps the most compelling story from this year’s World Cup still stands.
Lionel Messi, 35, is looking to cement his legacy as the best football player to ever do so by bringing the World Cup back to his home country of Argentina. He has already been one of the best players in the tournament, scoring a handful of incredible goals and assists. Argentinian fans are hoping the best is yet to come.
Argentina’s semi-final opponent Croatia have been here before. This team reached the final in 2018, only to be beaten by Mbappé-inspired France. This team is older now, but still boasts one of the best midfielders in the tournament, led by Real Madrid’s former Ballon d’Or winner Luka Modrić. Despite his 37 years, he remains one of the best players on the planet.
The Argentina-Croatia match starts on Tuesday, December 13 at 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT). The game will be broadcast nationwide in the United States on Peacock and FS1, which is available on. Outside the United States, World Cup matches are broadcast by other streaming services, including the BBC and ITV in the United Kingdom, SBS in Australia, and TSN in Canada. But what if you’re traveling outside your home country and want to enjoy the game, or just want an extra layer of ? There is an option that does not require searching the internet for a sketchy website: you can use a or virtual private network.
Here’s how you can watch the match, and the rest of the 2022 World Cup, from anywhere in the world with a VPN.
When is the Argentina-Croatia game?
Argentina take on Croatia in 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. ET) Tuesday, December 13.
Elsewhere in the world, the match starts at 10 p.m. in Qatar, 7 p.m. in London, and on Wednesday December 14 at 4 a.m. in Tokyo and 6 a.m. in Sydney.
How to watch the Argentina vs Croatia match online from anywhere using a VPN
If you are unable to view the match locally, this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic. Plus, it’s a great idea when you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile carrier has blocked you with an IP address that says incorrectly your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix this problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, unobstructed zone. Most VPNs, like ourmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the United States and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other greatis taking place at the moment.
Best VPN for Streaming
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 a month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stream the Argentina vs Croatia game live in the USA
The Argentina-Croatia game is on FS1 in the US, so you’ll need awhich carries FS1. The cheapest service is Sling TV Blue.
TV Sling Blue
Carry FS1 and Fox with every World Cup game in the USA
Of the live TV streaming services that carry local Fox and FS1 stations, the cheapest is Sling TV Blue at $40 per month. Note that Sling is currently running a promotion where the first month of service is half price ($20) for new subscribers.
An important caveat: while FS1 is available across the United States on Sling TV, local Fox affiliates will only be available if your billing address is in one of the 18 metropolitan areas covered by the agreement. Sling. If you’re outside of one of these areas, you’re probably better off opting for one of the alternative services listed below.
Many othersalso broadcast FS1 and local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but they also offer more channels. Discover our for more details.
Carries all World Cup matches in the United States (in Spanish only)
For Spanish-speaking US residents, Peacock broadcasts all World Cup matches live in Spanish. The remaining games will stream on its $5-a-month Peacock Premium subscription plan, not the free tier of the service.
Read our Peacock review.
Watch the Argentina vs Croatia game for free in the UK
UK fans can watch all World Cup 2022 matches for free. The games are split between two channels, the BBC and ITV; the Argentina-Croatia match is on ITV. If you’re away from home in the UK, you can use a VPN like ExpressVPN to watch ITVX (formerly ITV Hub), the streaming service for ITV, from anywhere.
Stream the Argentina vs Croatia match of the 2022 World Cup in Australia
Aleksandra Aleshchenko/Getty Images
SBS on demand
Wears World Cup matches in Australia
Australian fans can stream all 64 World Cup games live for free using SBS On Demand, the streaming home of the country’s free-to-air television network. The service also offers full replays, mini-games and highlights.
In addition to the services and countries listed above, there are many other local matches hosting the 2022 World Cup. They include:
- Argentina: TVP
- Belgium: RTBF (French) and VRT (Dutch)
- Brazil: TV Globo
- Canada: TSN
- France: TF1 and beIN Sports
- Germany: ARD and ZDF
- Hong Kong: PCCW
- Japan: Dentsu
- New Zealand: Sky
- Spain: RTVE
Quick tips for streaming the 2022 World Cup using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN – experience and success can vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend .