USAWorld News

Trump team drops email proving FBI wrongly seized passports


Donald Trump’s legal team has taken down the media spin of the Department of Justice (DOJ) which denied having possession of the former president’s passports following the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago last week .

On Monday, former President Trump claimed on his social media site TruthSocial that the FBI “stole” his passports in the raid that rocked the political world last week.

“During the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid, they stole my three passports (one expired), along with everything else,” he said. “This is an assault on a political opponent on a level never seen before in our country. Third World!”

As noted by Breitbart News, the passports were “not independently detailed on the FBI’s receipt of ownership of the 28 inventory items seized by federal agents.”

“The warrant, which Attorney General Merrick Garland says he approved and signed by Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, did not say they could take Trump’s passport,” the report noted. “Usually the government needs a separate court order to seize someone’s passport, even temporarily.”

According to CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell, a DOJ official said the former president’s passports were in their possession, one of which likely would have been a diplomatic passport.

“According to a DOJ official, the FBI is NOT in possession of former President Trump’s passports. Trump had accused the FBI of stealing his three passports during the search of his home in Mar-a-Lago” , O’Donnell announced on Monday.

Shortly after Norah’s post, Taylor Budowich, the president’s former director of communications, shared an email from Jay Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Department of Justice’s National Security Division. Justice, confirming that three passports had been seized during the raid and that they would soon be returned to the former president.

“We have learned that screening officers seized three passports belonging to President Trump, two expired and one being his active diplomatic passport. We are returning them and they will be ready for pickup from WFO at 2 p.m. today,” the email to Trump’s attorneys read.

Norah O’Donnell has amended her initial statement in light of the new information.

Speaking to Fox News on Monday, Donald Trump warned of “enormous anger” simmering in the country following the raid on his private residence.

“There has never been a time like this when law enforcement has been used to break into the home of a former President of the United States, and there is tremendous anger in the country – at a level never seen before, except during very perilous times,” Trump said.

Paul Bois joined Breitbart News in the summer of 2021 after working as a writer for TruthRevolt and The Daily Wire. He has written thousands of news articles on a variety of topics, from current events to pop-cultural trends. Follow him on Twitter @Paulbois39



Breitbart News

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button