The summer transfer window isn’t open yet in Europe, but teams are preparing for it and there’s a lot of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Is Gundogan considering Saudi offer?
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan received an offer from the Saudi league with the aim of bringing him to a club in their country, according to Foot Mercato.
Gundogan, who captained City in Saturday’s Champions League final victory over Internazionale to complete a historic treble, will see his contract expire at the Etihad this month.
Barcelona have been making efforts to sign the Germany international when he becomes a free agent, it is suggested the Catalan giants have even agreed a deal with him. Also interested are Paris Saint-Germain, who will be desperate to emulate City’s success in winning their first-ever Champions League title.
However, Saudi Arabia are also making efforts to sign the coveted midfielder when the opportunity arises. It’s part of their league’s efforts to sign big-name players for their league, having already seen Cristiano Ronaldo join Al Nassr in January and Karim Benzema move to Real Madrid from Al Ittihad last week.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Manchester City are considering a move worth £60million for the RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiothe reports Ekrem Konour. The 21-year-old has also been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and PSG.
– Bayern Munich want a decision by June 14 on whether Lucas Hernández will renew his contract or they should offload the left-back to PSG, according to christian falk. The 27-year-old has just one year left on his contract and Bayern are looking to avoid losing the France international as a free agent.
– Saudi Arabian side Al Ahli have been named as defenders Sergio Ramos a two-year offer with an option for another, as reported Ekrem Konour. The 37-year-old will be a free agent with his contract with PSG expiring at the end of June.
– AC Milan working to sign Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze, report Sky Sports Italia, who add that the Spanish club wants 25 million euros for the transfer of the 24-year-old player. Milan are also eyeing the Lens star Openda Laws, which also brought in a fee of 40 million euros. Milan are also interested in Borussia Mönchengladbach Marcus Thuramwho will become a free agent at the end of June, but whose salary demands of 6 million euros per season are considered too high.
– from Atlético Madrid Alvaro Morata is AS Roma’s priority as they seek to sign a striker this summer, Calciomercato report. The 30-year-old is keen to reunite with Paulo Dybala after previously playing together at Juventus. Roma could consider signing Morata on an initial loan with an obligation to make the move permanent for €30m, or include Roger Ibanez in a deal.