The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are preparing for it and there is a lot of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Napoli look to extend Osimhen deal
Napoli are looking to stave off interest in the striker Victor Osimhen by rewarding him with a new contract, according to Calciomercato.
Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and Chelsea are all said to be in the running for the 24-year-old’s signature, and with some clubs said to be willing to double his current salary of €4.5million per season, the chairman of Napoli Aurelio De Laurentiis is now aiming to renew the Nigeria international’s current terms.
As well as handing him a significant pay rise, it is reported that the Serie A champions will also include a release clause in the deal which will only allow Osimhen to leave the club for €160m.
Osimhen’s 23 goals in 30 league games was a crucial factor in Napoli’s opener Shield win in 33 years and they hope recognition of his form will persuade him to stay in Italy for at least one more season.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
5:00 p.m. BST: Could USMNT land ex-Leeds boss Jesse Marsch as a manager?
Does the USMNT still have its eyes on Jesse Marsch for head coach?
Sebastian Salazar breaks down what he thinks new athletic director Matt Crocker is doing with the USMNT head coaching search.
16.22 BST: Malmö young Hugo Larsson set to join Eintracht Frankfurt for 11.5 million euros, according to fabrice romano.
Larsson, 18, will leave this summer for a Swedish league record. The midfielder made his senior debut for Sweden in January in the 2-0 friendly win over Finland.
3.45pm BST: Borussia Dortmund defender Raphael Guerreiro is expected to leave the club as a free agent this summer, says Bild.
Guerreiro, 29, came so close to winning the Bundesliga on Saturday that Bayern beat Dortmund in the dying minutes.
The Portugal international wants a new challenge and is ready to leave for nothing when his contract expires at the end of the season, with Atletico Madrid interested.
14.54 BST: The Daily Mail says Brighton are looking to sign Livingston’s US keeper Brian Schwake.
Schwake, 21, was loaned out to Scottish Premiership Greenock Morton this season, where he caught the eye of Brighton scouts with 11 clean sheets.
from Brighton Robert Sanchez is likely to leave the club after being replaced as No.1 by Jason Steelbut Schwake could be signed as a replacement for around £250,000.
The club, which will be playing in the Europa League for the first time, have already reached agreements to sign Watford. Joe Pedroliverpool James Milner and Borussia Dortmund Mahmud Dahoud.
14.02 BST: Liverpool midfielder Fabio Carvalho could leave the club this summer with Burnley keen to sign him, according to Football Insider.
Carvalho, 20, hasn’t played as much as he would have liked in the first team and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admitted last week that the Portugal U21 international could be allowed to leave on loan for more playing time.
Newly promoted Burnley are keen to strengthen their squad to try and stay in the Premier League, with Carvalho one of several targets ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
13.14 BST: fabrice romano claims that the Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino is one of four or five names considered for a transfer by Real Madrid this summer.
Firmino, 31, will leave Anfield on a free transfer and Madrid are looking to strengthen their options up front.
The Brazil international still wants to play at the highest level, so he could be a great option to serve as a substitute at 35 Karim Benzema.
12.30pm BST: Bayern Munich have just snatched the Bundesliga title with a late goal.
Ale Moreno believes title win will be a ‘wake-up call’ for Bayern
After beating Borussia Dortmund to the Bundesliga title on goal difference, Ale Moreno believes Bayern will be stronger next season.
11:51 a.m. BST: The Times says Newcastle United want an £87million transfer fee from any club interested in signing the midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.
Guimaraes, 25, joined Lyon for around £50m in January 2022 and his performances have helped the club reach the Champions League next season.
Barcelona have been linked with the Brazil international but their lackluster finances would rule out any deal should Newcastle intend to hold on for a huge fee.
11.11 BST: Manchester United won’t spend £55m to sign Chelsea midfielder mason mount in the summer, says The Independent.
Mount, 24, is set to leave Stamford Bridge, his contract expiring in 2024, and the Blues want at least £55m to let him go.
However, a number of clubs – including Newcastle and Arsenal – consider the fee to be too high and are keen to negotiate something lower.
10:45 a.m. BST: Take this with a grain of salt, but El Nacional say Chelsea are looking to make a €150m bid to sign Vinicius Junior of Real Madrid.
Vinicius, 22, has suffered constant racist abuse in La Liga and the Blues are ready to offer him a move to the Premier League.
The Brazil international has a contract until 2024 and is in talks over a renewal, while Manchester United and PSG are also interested in signing him.
10.07 BST: Real Madrid striker Marco Asensio is in advanced talks to join Paris Saint-Germain as a free agent, sources have told ESPN.
The Spain international, whose contract expires this summer, received a renewal offer with Madrid which convinced him financially, but he decided to move on after a season in which he started less than half of the club’s LaLiga matches.
Sources have told ESPN that Aston Villa, Juventus and AC Milan have also shown interest in the Mallorcan in recent months, but PSG’s offer is currently proving the most tempting for Asensio.
The good relationship between Asensio’s agent Jorge Mendes and PSG sporting director Luis Campos was key in the negotiations, sources added.
09:00 BST: Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga title celebrations were quickly overshadowed by the fallout from the club’s decision to sack former goalkeeper Oliver Kahn and Hasan Salihamidžić from their senior management positions.
Bayern clinched the German league in the dying minutes of the season on Saturday with Jamal Musiala securing a 2-1 victory over Cologne with a late goal to put the side ahead of Borussia Dortmund on goal difference.
Shortly after, the club announced that its supervisory board had decided to dismiss Kahn as general manager and Salihamidžić as sporting director with immediate effect.
“Instead of celebrating, now we have the next problem,” said Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel.
Laurens: Why would Ten Hag want Neymar?
Julien Laurens plays down the prospect of Neymar’s spectacular transfer from PSG to Manchester United.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Liverpool are keeping a close eye on the Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Ruben Neves, according to Football Insider. The Reds have reportedly asked to be kept informed on developments with the 26-year-old’s future, with Barcelona also linked with him. Neves will enter the final year of his contract next month and it is believed Wolves would accept a £50million offer.
– Barcelona are interested in a move to Manchester City Joao Cancelo, reveals Sport. It is reported that the 29-year-old, who is on loan at Bayern Munich, will not stay in Germany this summer. And while the Blaugrana may not be able to land him on a permanent deal for €70m, they are weighing the possibility of a loan move as manager Xavi Hernandez continues his search for a new right-back.
– Newcastle United plan to make an opening bid of £50million to sign the attacking midfielder from RB Leipzig Dominik Szoboszlaireports Ekrem Konour. The Magpies have reportedly scouted the 22-year-old and are now preparing to move as soon as the transfer window opens.
– Aston Villa are interested in signing the Villarreal winger Nico Jacksonsays The Team Nabil Djellit. Villa boss Unai Emery is believed to be keen to work with the 21-year-old again, and he could be one of Villa’s first moves this summer. Jackson, who had already seen his move to Bournemouth fall through in January, found himself in fine form towards the end of the season, having contributed to 10 goals in his last six matches.
– Talks are ongoing between Barcelona and the winger Ousmane Dembele on a new contract, says fabrice romano. The 26-year-old is believed to be seen as a key part of the project at Camp Nou, and the Blaugrana are looking to remove the €69m release clause that exists in his deal. It is reported that his representatives will meet the LaLiga side as soon as they seek to secure his future in Spain.