The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Hazard is key to Madrid’s Haaland plan
Eden Hazard wants to stay at Real Madrid but a move to Arsenal could be on the cards, according to Diario Sport.
Hazard has been linked with Arsenal of late, and it looks like the Madrid club are depending on the Gunners’ ability to complete a move for the former Chelsea talisman if they are to sign. Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund.
Real Madrid are showing real ambition ahead of the summer transfer window, having been heavily linked with Kylian Mbappewho is expected to be a free agent when his contract with Paris Saint-Germain ends this summer.
Although they weren’t as important, the ties between Real Madrid and Haaland have endured. However, the Norwegian has concerns about fitting into the same team as Karim Benzema.
Even without paying a fee to PSG for Mbappe, completing both transfers would be huge financially, and Madrid plan to raise funds by moving Hazard to help deal with that.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– AC Milan have identified Real Madrid Marco Asensio as their main priority for the right wing, report Tuttosport, who state that it would take between €25m and €30m to land the Spaniard. They might be helped by the fact Los Blancos are debating whether to offer him a contract beyond his current contract, which ends in 2023. However, there is also Premier League competition and Milan may find it difficult to meet his wage demands.
– that of Turin Bremer remains Internazionale’s main centre-back option for the summer transfer window, report Nicolas Schira, who adds that they have already made contact with the Brazil agent twice. Inter are currently offering him €2.5m a year, while they will also speak to Torino in the coming weeks to reach an agreement, with Il Toro wanting between 25 and 30 million euros.
– Juventus have a draft agreement to sign Raoul Bellanova for between €8m and €9m, Calciomercato report, although that also depends on Cagliari’s ability to make his loan from Bordeaux a permanent transfer. Assuming the deal goes through, it’s also unclear whether Bellanova would go straight to Massimiliano Allegri’s side to fight for a spot in the squad or initially go on loan – possibly to Cagliari again.
– Ajax Amsterdam and Leeds United are all on the hunt for the Fluminense winger Matheus Martinsas reported by Ekrem Konour. So far this season, the 18-year-old has managed two goals and one assist in 10 appearances across all competitions.
– The Rangers will allow Amad Diallo to return to Manchester United at the earliest opportunity after being disappointed with their performance since joining on loan in January, according to Football Insider. The Scottish giants will not attempt to extend his loan or sign him permanently, after he has managed just six appearances so far, scoring once.