The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: The city turns to Guerreiro
Manchester City are set to change course in their search for a left-back after failing to agree a fee with Brighton and Hove Albion for Marc Cucurella.
Sources have told ESPN that Man City will not pay the Seagulls’ asking price of £50million for Barcelona’s youth product and are actively looking for alternatives.
The Athletic reports that the Borussia Dortmund star Raphael Guerreiro, a target they were previously linked with due to his ability to contribute high on the pitch, has been elevated to Man City’s shortlist. The 28-year-old contributed eight goals in 23 Bundesliga and Champions League starts for BVB last season, and he also impressed representing Portugal at international level.
After moving Oleksandr Zinchenko to Arsenal, City are set to step up their transfer efforts next week, hoping to land a replacement left-back before their Premier League campaign begins on August 7.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Several Serie A clubs are planning to move for Miralem Pjanic, writes Sport. Juventus, Napoli and Lazio are all said to be interested in the 32-year-old midfielder, but if Barcelona are keen to let him go, it’s understood that Pjanic’s preference is to stay at Camp Nou this season. the old Bianconeri The star spent last season on loan at Besiktas but is still under contract with Barca until next summer.
– Aston Villa faces a race to sign Alfons Samstedrevealed Ekrem Konour. The 24-year-old right-back Bodo/Glimt is said to be on the radar of clubs across Europe, with Bayer Leverkusen, Lyon and Lazio all keen to secure his services. The Iceland international has been in fine form this season and scored in his club’s recent Champions League knockout victory over Linfield.
– Brendan Rodgers has no plans to move on Wesley Fofana this summer, according to the BBC Leicester reporter Owynn Palmer-Atkin. The Leicester City boss is believed to see the 21-year-old centre-back as a key part of the Foxes squad next season, and will look to keep him at the King Power Stadium despite reported interest from Chelsea.
– Chelsea are studying the possibility of making a move for the Internazionale defender Milan Skriniarincludes Sport Italia journalist Rudy Galetti. The Blues are continuing their search for a centre-back after missing out on Jules Kounde, but they may have to challenge Paris Saint-Germain for the 27-year-old Slovakia international, with the Ligue 1 champions also keen on his services. The Nerazzurri are seeking a fee in excess of £60million to part ways with the defender.
– Manchester United considering move for Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, reports the Daily Mail. With the Red Devils struggling to persuade Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Old Trafford following his early departure in the club’s pre-season friendly against Rayo Vallecano, the search for a striker is set to intensify next week. Kalajdzic, 25, contributed to 21 goals in 33 Bundesliga appearances last season, and has also been on Bayern Munich’s radar.