The owner of the Steelers, Art Rooney II, has provided an update over the duration of his franchise will await the quarter-Arrière Aaron Rodgers to decide if he wants to join the 2025 list in Pittsburgh.
“Not forever, but a little longer,” Rooney told journalists in Florida on Tuesday afternoon.
Gee, art, I’m sure that will force a decision to Rodgers. Way to lower your foot.
To be fair, however, maybe Rooney does not want to force a Rodgers decision at all.
He might think that the removal of a response from mercurial rodgers will be counterproductive. Perhaps the team is when it is Rodgers-Or-Bust, and Rooney sees a deadline drawn as simply pushing Rodgers.
In addition, at this stage, what is the difference? Nothing will happen by the recovery of April 24. In addition, if the Steelers do not plan to select a quarter -Arrière even without rodgers – which is always a distinct possibility – then there is not even precipitation before May.
Head coach Mike Tomlin even minimized this prolonged calendar earlier in the week.
“In the spring, it is a question of teaching and learning and familiarizing themselves with the players and making sure that they become familiar with some of the things we appreciate,” said Tomlin. “This is not an evaluation period of the year for us. It is certainly not a period of the year when we focus on ourselves for the action of the game. The training camp would be a sort of a line of demarcation.”
In fact, there could be an advantage in this process that drags as long as it has done for the Steelers.
Let’s be honest. When the notion of Rodgers taking over as a quarter-rear from the Steelers became a possibility in early March, it was not really well received.
On March 14, I led a web survey where a large majority of respondents preferred the idea of recently reacting Mason Rudolph becoming the starter of the Steelers for this season.
What is your preference at this stage for the #Steelers at QB to open 2025?
– Tim Benz (@timbenzpgh) March 14, 2025
Whether it is the declining game of rodgers, his age, his price, his personality, his policy or all of the above, Pittsburgh was far from fully embracing Rodgers as a new QB in town.
Since then, however, many other options have disappeared. Russell Wilson went to the New York Giants. Justin Fields went to the New York Jets. Matthew Stafford did not move. Sam Darnold jumped to Seattle. And nothing came from this story by Trevor Lawrence.
In addition, reality seems to have slipped to that a full year of Rudolph, as the starter can look like and how unlikely that the Steelers are able to write a choice of first round deserving at the end of April.
During this prolonged duration, the concept of rodgers becoming the starter of the Steelers normalizes. People get used to the idea. The conversation has been so written that we speak it in existence, and it begins to feel like a fait accompli.
Even for fans of the steelers who do not want on board Rodgers, the discussion on his potential signature was so omnipresent that we endure acceptance by saturation.
Consider this web survey that I ran Tuesday. Forty-three percent of the people who replied said they were better than Rodgers was the starter here that they did it three weeks ago.
Do you warm up to the idea that Aron Rodgers is a steeler? Do you feel better than you did, say, three weeks ago
– Tim Benz (@timbenzpgh) April 1, 2025
If you read the answers, many people who voted “No“Affirms that they did it only because they have been on board with Rodgers from the start. As a result, their opinion did not need to change.
Rodgers as “QB 1” in Pittsburgh is an increasing reality that naturalizes for the city. We get used to the idea. We warm up if for any other reason that our body acclimated to the climate.
“I did not plan to take so long, no,” admitted Rooney.
Ditto, art. Even. You preach at the choir there.
However, it is the same choir that will always sing “Renegade” at the top of its lungs even if the club loses 40-0 in the fourth quarter.
And it’s the same thing that will start to sing Rodgers in full throat when the first pre-season match is played in August.
It will just take a little more time to learn the lyrics.
Tim Benz is a tribune-review staff editor. You can contact Tim at tbenz@triblive.com or via X. All tweets could be republished. All emails are subject to publication, unless otherwise indicated.
Gout Gout, which made the headlines at only 16 years old and the comparison with…
When the residents of Los Angeles voted last year to implement the city's almost decade…
The former star of reality Teddi Mellencamp revealed that his skin cancer reached stage 4…
Tom espineBBC Business ReporterEPAThe stock markets in London, Paris and Berlin fell while trade began…
The charges signed the tight end Jordan Petaia on Wednesday, the team announced.He joined the…
Seoul, South Korea Cnn - The radical prices announced by US President Donald Trump on…