Shakur Stevenson’s world title fight against Floyd Schofield has been canceled.
The cancellation of the fight occurs just a few days before the successful card with Artur Betbiev and Dmitry Bivo, scheduled for Saturday evening in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The starry card presents a number of world title fights, but it will now have one after the news from Stevenson and Schofield are canceled.
Schofield, 22, first presented himself in Saudi Arabia and had made his media homework on Monday, but then disappeared on Tuesday and was not seen to the big arrivals.
A wild theory of “poison” has since circulated the internet, suggesting that the light challenger had been “generated”.
According to The Sun, disclosed messages have disclosed Schofield’s father, Floy Schofield SR, accused people without name of poisoning his son.
The fight on the world title of Shakur Stevenson (right) against Floyd Schofield (left) was canceled
The cancellation comes after Schofield fell ill and failed to introduce himself to the big arrivals
A text sent to Schofield SR was disclosed online, read: “It is not something to take lightly Sr. I do not try not to play games.
“I have love for you and watching, but they have flourished your son.”
Reports also claim that makeup artists are looking for a new opponent for Stevenson to face the night.
Elsewhere, Daniel Dubois, Joseph Parker and Callum Smith will all fight overnight on a map which is presented as potentially the best of all the time.
All eyes will be on the revenge match between the Russian pair Beterbiev and Bivol, with the match for the world’s undisputed world heavyweight championship after Beterbiev was crowned the first undisputed champion of the division since 2002 earlier this year.
The Russian duo organized a classic in October with a narrow victory going to Beterbiev, but there was the indignation of the losing camp when the scores were announced.
While a judge had a draw at 114-114 and another gave Beterbiev a victory of 115-113, there was outlined after Pawel Kardyni awarded a 116-112 victory to Beterbiev.
There is information according to which mariners seek to find Stevenson another opponent
Bivo’s promoter, Eddie Hearn said it was an “absolute joke” and that his fighter, never beaten before, had been “stolen” – although he would have lost even if Kardyni had awarded a closer score.
“We are going to table a demonstration on Monday,” Bivo’s manager Vadim Kornilov said in Boxnation.
“I think the judge must at least have a kind of responsibility for what he has done. It becomes very destructive for sport what they do.
“These organizations (sanctioning) have supervisors, supervisors are friendly with the judges, they serve the promoters, they start to look like a plan.”