The New York Times published a video on Saturday which seems to show Palestinian ambulances and a fire truck was clearly marked and had their emergency lights light when the FDI opened fire in the south of Gaza on March 23, contradicting the story of Israel on the murder of 15 doctors who would have been in a serious mass this week.
The army, which accuses Hamas of integrating into civil infrastructure, said that the vehicles were without headlights, unclean and transported terrorists. The IDF did not comment on the New York Times video.
The video would have been found on the mobile phone of one of the doctors. On Friday, officials of the Palestinian Red Red Crescent told a press conference at the United Nations in New York that they would submit video to the United Nations Security Council.
The Times said he had obtained the video of a higher UN diplomat who had asked for anonymity. The newspaper also said that he had checked the time and location of the video. The name of the doctor who filmed the video was not published due to the fear of his family of reprisals by the FDI, said the Times, citing the diplomat.
The video seems to have been filmed from the passenger seat of a vehicle.
He shows a convoy of ambulances and a fire truck that rolls on a road with their flashing emergency lights, then stopping next to another vehicle that had moved away from the road.
So I suppose that everything that the FDIs said a few days ago on these paramedical paramedics in Gaza were not at all true.
Nytimes has just published this video found on the mobile phone of a paramedical paramedic.
Completely contradicts everything that the FDIs said. pic.twitter.com/xgai1vesql
– Assaf, md (@_assaf_md) April 5, 2025
As the scene approaches, a man can be heard saying: “Oh my God, I hope they agree … They are there, drag, they are dispersed everywhere. Quickly, quickly, it looks like an accident.”
The wait on each side of the road are two ambulances, and a fire truck can be seen a few meters further on the road. All vehicles are marked and have their emergency lights on. Three humanitarian workers, including two in reflective equipment, go from these vehicles to the car that has left the road.
The man who turns the video then leaves his vehicle. The gunshots can be heard as it runs to the derailed car. Man can then be understood to recite the Shahada, a Muslim prayer generally said before death.
At this point, the video becomes dark, but the shots continue for five minutes, according to the Times. During these five minutes, a man said, a man can be heard in Arabic that there are Israelis in the region, and the soldiers can be heard shouting unclear orders in Hebrew.
UN officials said on Monday that 15 emergency and rescue workers from the Red Crescent, the United Nations and the Palestinian Civil Defense linked to Hamas had been recovered in a grave in the sand south of the Gaza Strip, as well as mutilated ambulances, apparently buried by FDI bulldozères.
The leader of the Palestinian Red Crescent, Dr Younis Al-Khatib, said on Friday at the United Nations press conference that humanitarian workers were “targeted from a very large circle”, and that Israel “kept us for eight days in the dark” in the place where the body is located.
Members of the Palestine Red Crescent and other emergency services have rescuing organizations who would have killed Israeli forces a week earlier, during a funeral procession at Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis in the Southern Gaza Strip on March 31, 2025. (Eyad Baba / AFP)
The Times said he had seen satellite images of the scene since immediately after the attack which showed that the vehicles had been far from the road and gathered together.
The images taken two days later indicate that the vehicles were buried.
“Next to the disturbed land are three Israeli military bulldozers and an excavator. In addition, the bulldozers have erected earth barriers on the road in both directions of the mass tomb,” said Times.
The workers would have disappeared on March 23 to help people injured during a strike on Rafah. According to the UN and the Red Crescent, workers were not armed.
On March 28, the FDI admitted that it had shot ambulances and firefighters, claiming that this identified them as “suspicious vehicles”.
Responding to the announcement of the UN on Monday, the international spokesperson for tucletestanding media, Lieutenant-Colonel Nadav Shoshani, said the army “had not randomly attacked an ambulance on March 23”. The soldiers opened fire after “non -coordinated vehicles have been identified, advancing the TSAhal troops without headlights or emergency signals,” said Shoshani.
IDF did it ???????????? At random attack an ambulance on March 23. Let me go through what happened step by step:
1. Sunday, several non -coordinated vehicles were identified, advancing FDI troops with suspicion without headlights or emergency signals. Tropos faithful then… https://t.co/vdtyxd8qj5
– LTC Nadav Shoshani (@LTC_Shoshani) March 31, 2025
He added that “following an initial assessment, it was determined that the forces had eliminated a military agent of Hamas, Mohammad Amin Ibrahim Shubaki, who participated in the massacre of October 7, as well as eight other terrorists of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.”
Shoshani said on Thursday that the incident “was transferred to the general staff research and evaluation mechanism for the survey.”
The mechanism is an independent military organization responsible for studying unusual incidents in the middle of the war.
“The IDF attaches the greatest importance to maintain communication with international organizations operating in Gaza and joins regularly with them,” added Shoshani.
The incident occurred five days after Israel restarted the intense bombing of Gaza on March 18, then launched a new offensive on the ground, putting an end to a cease-fire of almost two months in the war with Hamas.
Under the terms of the ceasefire agreement of January 19, the parties were to launch negotiations during the second phase a few weeks after the first, but Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to do so, insisting that the war would not end until the governance and military capacity of Hamas would not have been demolished. Meanwhile, Hamas rejected a series of offers to extend the first phase while continuing to gradually free hostages.
The agreement was concluded in January, some 15 months after the Gaza War on October 7, 2023, when thousands of terrorists led by Hamas storm southern Israel to kill some 1,200 people and take 251 hostages.
Emanuel Fabian contributed to this report.
You are a dedicated reader
We are really happy that you have read X Israel articles During the last month.
This is why we started the time of Israel – to provide demanding readers like you an essential coverage of Israel and the Jewish world.
So now we have a request. Unlike other media, we have not set up a payment wall. But as the journalism we do is expensive, we invite readers for whom Israel’s times have become important to help support our work by joining The time of the Israeli community.
For as little as $ 6 per month, you can help support our quality journalism while enjoying the times of Israel Without advertisingas well as access exclusive content Available only at periods of the Israel community.
THANKS,
David Horovitz, editor -in -chief of The Times of Israel
Join our community Join our already a member community? Connect to stop seeing this
Dallas - Adia Barnes was appointed the new SMU women's basketball coach on Saturday after…
It was not a secret for anyone that the stock market has taken on a…
The navies announced this afternoon that they had appointed right-hander Cody Bolton For assignment. Bolton's…
Two British deputies, Yuan Yang and Abtisam Mohamed, were denied the entry into Israel on…
Two Premier League clubs monitor the progress of a Ligue 1 starThe 18 -year -old…
The Trump administration has canceled the F-1 visas of five international students at UC San…