Categories: World News

The United States says that international humanitarian law should be followed in Gaza

Tom Bateman

Correspondent of the State Department

Sofia Ferreira Santos

BBC News

Reuters

The mourning people gathered during the funeral Monday after the bodies of 15 people, including paramedical paramedics and a United Nations worker, were found in a mass grave, according to the UN

The United States has declared that it expects “all parties on the ground” to Gaza complying with international humanitarian law, but refused to confirm whether it was carrying out its own assessment by the 15-year Israeli army PEOPLE – Paramedical paramedics, civil defense workers and a United Nations official.

Asked about the killings, the spokesperson for the State Department, Tammy Bruce, said: “Everything that happens in Gaza occurs because of Hamas.”

The United Nations humanitarian agency declared five ambulances, a fire truck and a United Nations vehicle “one by one” March 23 and that 15 bodies, including paramedical paramedics in their uniforms, had been gathered and buried in a mass.

The Israeli army said that its troops had fired on vehicles “advancing with suspicion” without headlights or emergency signals and that a Hamas agent and other activists were one of the people killed, but it did not comment on the accounts of bodies gathered and buried in the sand.

International humanitarian law prohibits the targeting of civilians and calls for specific protections for medical staff.

The United States, the largest supplier of weapons in Israel, is also linked by its own laws prohibiting its weapons used by foreign soldiers in humanitarian law.

Jonathan Whittall, the head of the UN humanitarian agency in Gaza, said that the mass tomb had been “marked” with an emergency light from one of the ambulances affected in the strike.

“It is an absolute horror what happened here,” he said in a video on X, adding that “health workers should never be a target”.

Israel has renewed its air and land campaign in Gaza on March 18 after negotiations on a cease-fire contract with Hamas.

Since then, more than 1,000 people have been killed in Gaza since then, according to the Ministry of Health managed by Hamas in the territory.

The Israeli army launched a campaign to destroy Hamas in response to an unprecedented cross -border attack on October 7, 2023, in which around 1,200 people were killed and 251 were taken hostage.

According to the Ministry of Health, more than 50,350 people were killed in Gaza during the war that followed.

William

Recent Posts

Gophers rolls against Belmont for the WBIT title

As a journalist on television, was trying to interview him on the ground at Historic…

6 minutes ago

Residents claim that the current clashes between pro-HTS forces, FDI, near Daraa

Armed clashes between the Tsahals and the Pro-Ha'yat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) fighters in Daraa in…

7 minutes ago

5 trends in the spring jacket to accommodate the transition time in style

The transition from winter to the spring occupies a special place in everyone's heart. When…

9 minutes ago

The EU aims at the “simplification” hammer to the laws on green energy – politico

But others do not agree. "I would be very worried", efforts to reopen the texts,…

11 minutes ago

Jose Mourinho plugs the nose of Galatasaray Manager after a loss of Turkish cut tired of conflicts between the players – Firstpost

The legendary football manager Jose Mourinho finds himself once again at the center of a…

12 minutes ago

Oakland Ballers, San Jose Giants meet in the New Bay Area Pro baseball series

San Jose - The Giants of San Jose and the Ballers of Oakland were in…

13 minutes ago