Dubai, United Arab Emirates (AP) – US air strikes made it possible to beat Yemen during the night on Saturday, killing at least one person while the US military admitted to having bombed a major military site in the heart of Sanaa controlled by the Houthi rebels.
The complete extent of possible damage and losses was not immediately clear. The attacks followed a night of air strikes early Friday which seemed particularly intense compared to the other days of the campaign which started on March 15.
WATCH: What we know – and I don’t know – about the United States in Yemen
A review by the Associated Press revealed that the new American operation under President Donald Trump seems to be more extensive than those under the former president Joe Biden, while the United States only went to target launch sites at layoffs on classification staff as well as to abandon bombs in cities.
Meanwhile, the satellite photos analyzed by the AP show a mysterious landing track right next to Yemen in a key sea starter seems to be ready to accept the flights and B-2 bombers from the country’s strike distance on Saturday.
The strikes on Saturday targeted several areas in Yemen under the control of the Houthi supported by Iran, including the capital, Sanaa and in the governors of Al-Jawf and Saada, reported the media controlled by the rebels. Saada’s strikes killed a person and injured four others, said the Saba news agency managed by the Houthi.
Saba identified the person killed as a civilian. Houthi fighters and their allies are often not uniform. However, analysts believe that rebels can underline deaths since strikes have targeted the military and intelligence sites managed by the rebels. Many strikes have not been fully recognized by the Houthis – or the American army – while the rebels also closely control access to the ground.
A strike early Friday, however, however, was confirmed by the central command of the American army, which oversees its operations in the Middle East. He published a black and white video early Saturday showing an air strike targeting a site in Yemen. Although he did not identify the location, an analysis of the details of the sequence corresponds to a strike known on Friday in Sanaa. The images show that the bomb hitting the general seat of the military command held by the Houthis, which the rebels did not report.
The Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technologies Controlled by Houthi in Sanaa, said separately that the American strikes have destroyed “broadcasting stations, communication towers and the messaging network” in the governors of Amran and Saada. The strikes in Amran around the Jebel Aswad, or “Black Mountain”, seemed particularly intense.
The new air strike campaign, which, according to the Houthis, killed at least 58 people, started after the rebels threatened to start targeting “Israeli” ships against aid blocking Israel entering the Gaza Strip. Rebels in the past have had a loose definition of what constitutes an Israeli ship, which means that other ships could also be targeted.
The Houthis had targeted more than 100 merchant ships with missiles and drones, flowing two ships and killing four sailors during their campaign targeting ships from November 2023 to January this year. They have also launched attacks targeting American warships, although none has been hit so far.
The attacks considerably increased the profile of the Houthis while they were facing economic problems and launched a repression targeting any dissent and workers of the haven
The Houthis began to threaten Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, two American allies in the region during the United States. It is even that the nations, which sought a separate peace with the Houthis, remained outside the new American campaign of aerial staging.
An analysis of Saturday satellite photos shows that the American army has moved at least four long -range stealth bombers to Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean – a base far from the range of rebels which avoids using the bases of the Middle East of the Allies. Three had been seen earlier this week.
This means a fourth of all B-2 nuclear compensation that America has in its arsenal is now deployed at the base. Biden administration used B-2 with conventional bombs against Houthi targets last year.
The aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman has launched attacks from the Red Sea and the US army plans to bring the carrier USS Carl Vinson from Asia.
Meanwhile, France said its only aircraft carrier, Charles de Gaulle, was in Djibouti, an eastern African nation of the Strait of Bab El-Mandeb, which connects the Red Sea to the Gulf of Aden. The French have shot down Houthi drones in the past, but they are not part of the American campaign.
Satellite images on Friday from Planet Labs PBC show that an landing track now appears ready on Mayun Island, a volcanic outcrop in the center of the Bab El-Mandeb. The images have shown that the landing track had been painted with the designation brands “09” and “27” in the east and west of the landing track respectively.
A coalition led by Saudi Arabia fighting against the Houthis had admitted having “equipment” on Mayun, also known as Perim. However, air and maritime traffic towards Mayun has linked water to water, which supports a secessionist force in Yemen known as Southern Transitional Council.
The global powers have recognized the strategic location of the island for hundreds of years, in particular with the opening of the Suez Canal connecting the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.
The work on Mayun is following the completion of a similar landing track probably built by the United Arab Emirates on ABD al-Kuri Island, which rises from the Indian Ocean near the mouth of the Gulf of Aden.
Insightful and trustworthy journalism, for everyone.
Your tax deductible donation directly supports our mission. Support HOUR NEW PBS Today.
Hanna and Arkadii Rubin are trying to convince their daughter Leya, 2 years old, to…
Cnn - The massive rates that President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday for dozens of…
I am not exaggerating when I say that my introduction to Disney World is a…
Scott Simon de NPR speaks in Dan Billheimer, owner of the Lighthouse Café in Sanibel,…
The Pablo Torre podcaster produced a bomb report concerning the attendance of LeBron James at…
Silicon Valley technological companies employing foreign workers rush towards the fear of visa holders if…