The Red Sox Monday was ensuring that the future of Garrett Crochet remained in Boston.
According to Jeff Passan d’Espn, the Red Sox and the Hook accepted a huge Extension of a contract of $ 170 million over six years. Passan noted that the extension begins in 2026 with an opt-out after the 2030 season. The agreement is the biggest ever for a launcher with the hook time over four years, by Passan.
It is somewhat surprising that an agreement has been concluded less than a week in the regular season. Crochet said that the opening day was its deadline on extension talks, and it came and came without any movement of rumors on each side.
The Red Sox obviously liked what they saw in the hook, which they acquired for four prospects of the Chicago White Sox in December, in just a few months to make a long -term investment in him.
“We would obviously like to be part of the organization for a long time,” said the CEO and president of the Red Sox Sam Kennedy said to Weei March 19. “You have seen a little overview of what, hope, is to come. He and his family must decide is Boston where they want to be. As we know all of us, it is not for everyone. But I think that given his state of mind and his makeup, he will be very successful here if it is what he chooses.”
History continues below advertising
Crochet, 25, has the appearance of an ace that can lead Boston’s starting rotation for the coming years despite his second season as a full -time launcher. The 6-foot 6-inch and 245 pound Lefty made an All-Star campaign with the White Sox last season and the Red Sox clearly think that it can reproduce these results when it removed 209 strikers in 146 sleeves in 2024. It also displayed an MPM of 3.58.
The hook experienced a solid start but not dominant in a Red Sox uniform last week. He took the ball at the opening of the season against the Texas Rangers and granted two points on five strokes with two goals on balls and four stick withdraws in five work rounds.
Hook, which is only in books for $ 3.8 million this season before its extension launched which will pay it $ 28.3 million a year, will make its second start of its mandate Red Sox against Baltimore Orioles.
History continues below advertising