Categories: sports

The president of FIFA Infantino hopes that Russia will join the world football community – Firstpost

FIFA President Gianni Infantino expressed hope that Russia will soon be back to the world football. Infantino said Russia’s return will signal the return to normality.

Learn more

FIFA President Gianni Infantino said on Thursday that he hoped that Russia will soon join the world of world football because it would mean that the war in Ukraine was over.

Russian clubs and the national team have been suspended from FIFA and UEFA competitions since the country invaded Ukraine in February 2022.

“While the discussions take place for peace in Ukraine, I hope that we will soon be able to go to the next page, also bring Russia to the football landscape because it would mean that everything is resolved,” said Infantino during the 49th UEFA congress in Belgrade.

“This is what we have to encourage, that’s why we have to pray – because it is football. It is not a question of dividing, it is a question of united girls, unite boys, union of people where they are.”

UEFA supports FIFA on the Russian stand

UEFA Aleksander Ceferin echoed Infantino’s remarks.

“When the war stops, (Russia) will be readjusted,” said Ceferin at the press conference of the closing of the UEFA Congress.

Ceferin said that he firmly opposed a proposal that FIFA was planning to increase the number of 2030 to 64 World Cup teams to mark the centenary of the renowned sport event.

Morocco, Spain and Portugal organize the tournament, with Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, where the inaugural World Cup took place in 1930, which should host three games.

The New York Times reported thatNAcio Alonso, president of FA Uruguayan, proposed the unique expansion of the FIFA Council last month.

“This proposal was perhaps even more surprising for me than for you,” said Ceferin. “I think it’s a bad idea. I think it is not a good idea for the World Cup itself, and it is not a good idea for our qualifications either.

“So I don’t support this idea. I don’t know where she comes from. It is strange that we didn’t know anything before this proposal at the end of the FIFA Council. ”

The World Cup has already gone from 32 to 48 teams for next year in the United States, Mexico and Canada.

Ceferin did not oppose the Club World Cup this year, which sparked criticism for creating a busy summer for the players.

“Now, the club World Cup occurs, and that’s it,” said Ceferin. “The clubs of Europe wanted it, and I do not see its kind of competition for our competition. It will be more matches for some of the players.”

The club World Cup takes place from June 14 to July 13 in the United States

newsnetdaily

Recent Posts

Eminem becomes a grandfather while her daughter Hailie Jade welcomes the first baby

Will the real Marshall Mathers get up? Eminem is officially a grandfather! The rapper's daughter,…

2 minutes ago

YouTuber is arrested after leaving Diet Coke on the isolated island isolated

An American tourist left alone last week on an inflatable boat for the distant island…

3 minutes ago

Microsoft wants users friendship with the agent application

Udpate, 9:58 a.m. Microsoft AI CEO, Mustafa Suleyman, was interrupted during a presentation at the…

6 minutes ago

Julio Jones announces his retirement

Julio Jones has not played since 2023, but he only announced his retirement on Friday."Today,…

7 minutes ago

The judges tear the administration for the dispute tactics

The judges showed a certain frustration this week on how the Trump administration defended himself…

9 minutes ago

April 6 Nails Colors to wear this month for a new fresh atmosphere

Welcome to April! We have succeeded in dark winter days, and what better way to…

11 minutes ago