Learn more
The former leader of the Federation of Wrestling Student (WFI) and BJP chief, BRIJ Bhushan Sharan Singh, said that the wrestling of the sports organization had ended with the Ministry of Sports revoking its ban on Tuesday. The WFI has been suspended since December 24, 2023, two days after the help of Brij Bhushan, Sanjay Singh, was elected president.
The former MP of the BJP, Brij Bhushan, who was accused of sexual harassment by several wrestlers, said on Tuesday that the suspension of WFI had an impact on all wrestlers and juniors and that the “conspirators” failed to achieve their objective.
“This struggle lasted about 26 months and today, the Federation of struggle was restored by the government. Therefore, we would like to thank the government and the Minister of Sports. If someone has suffered for this, it is the junior players … The conspirators that were involved in this area, their intentions were not carried out.
From 2023, several wrestlers as like Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik and Bajrang Punia led demonstrations against WFI and his former president BRIJ BHUSHAN SINGH, going from sexual assault.
In August 2023, United World Wrestling (UWW) prohibited WFI because he failed to organize elections in a stipulated time after charges of sexual harassment and demonstrations against former president Brij Bhushan Singh by high -level wrestlers Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik. An ad hoc committee of the International Olympic Association (IOA) has been set up.
At the end of December 2023, elections took place and Sanjay Singh was elected new president of WFI. However, the wrestlers protested against his elections, saying that he was an assistant to former president BRIJ BHUSHAN. A few days after the elections, the ministry again suspended the Federation, a decision that came after Sanjay announced the accommodation of U-15 and U-20 nationals in Nandini Nagar in the Uttar Pradesh Gonda district by the end of the year. An ad hoc committee of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) was again set up to manage the daily affairs of the Federation.
The ad hoc committee was dissolved in March 2024 after the IOA said that there was no need for the organization following the lifting of the Federation by United World Wrestling (UWW) and the success of selection tests for future competitions. Uww lifted the WFI ban in February from last year with an immediate effect.
With agency entries
Cleveland, Ohio - Deshaun Watson made a solid statement on Instagram on Tuesday, one day…
The investment of the Ray Dalio magnate said that prices are not only a question…
In the vast world of skin care, little is as elusive as Perfect Eye serum.…
D GUKESH reveals the secret of his meteoric ascent of failures who saw the 18…
A few hours after undergoing dental surgery, a 9 -year -old girl from San Diego…
The prices on imported vehicles entered into force on Thursday, a policy which, according to…