the Kremlin expresses its “deep concern” – RT in French
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov accused kyiv of orchestrating the attack in the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine. The search operation is still ongoing.
“What happened yesterday arouses deep concern and demonstrates once again that Ukrainian fighters continue their activities against our country. This requires more effort from us,” Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters. And this one to add: “the special military operation (in Ukraine) continues so that that does not arrive any more”.
Previously, the governor of the Belgorod region Vyacheslav Gladkov, attacked on May 22 from Ukraine, had indicated that the “mopping up operation” was still in court on the morning of the 23rd.
According to him, civilians have left at least nine localities in the border area concerned. In addition, many villages in the border area came under dozens of artillery and mortar fire. Russian authorities also said they shot down drones.
Moscow accuses kyiv of orchestrating the attack
Russia decreed an “anti-terrorist operation” in the entire Belgorod region on May 22, a first since the beginning of the Russian assault on Ukraine, granting in the area increased powers to the armed forces and the forces of the order.
Moscow accuses kyiv of having orchestrated the attack, which Ukraine denies, seeing it as an “internal crisis in Russia”. “The situation in the Belgorod region is an internal Russian crisis,” said Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Ganna Maliar. “They are Russian patriots, as far as we know,” she added.
Two groups of Russian anti-Putin fighters claim to carry out this attack, the “Russian Freedom” Legion and the “Russian Volunteer Corps”. They had already claimed several armed incursions in recent months.
The Kremlin nevertheless qualified these fighters as Ukrainians, and not Russian insurgents, denouncing neo-Nazi militants who joined the Ukrainian ranks in 2014.
RT All Fr Trans