Federal law enforcement agents plan to carry out an action for applying immigration “on a large scale” in the Los Angeles region before the end of February, according to an internal government document examined by the Times.
The operation, which would be led by the US immigration and customs forces, will focus on persons who have no legal status in the country or who already have reference orders, according to the document, which was disseminated among some federal officials of the application of laws this week.
Although immigration operations have been increased across the country since President Trump took office, no scanning measured in Los Angeles, a city of Trump criticized several times during his campaigns Presidential.
Ice did not respond to a request for comments.
A federal source of application of the law, which spoke under the guise of anonymity for fear of reprisals, said that FBI agents and Los Angeles field offices of the Drug Enfacing Administration are called to help.
“They needed more bodies,” said the manager.
A former federal law manager, who said he was informed of recent preparations, but spoke on condition of anonymity by fearing reprisals, also said that FBI agents were ordered to participate in “raids »Ice waiting in Los Angeles. None of the civil servants could provide an exact time for potential actions.
The federal official of the application of active laws warned that the plans could change due to the “chaotic” nature of the first weeks of power of the Trump administration and the expected hindsight of some of the agencies that will be necessary to help the .
“It is not because some information is given that it is the plan of the administration, because they know that some agents will be resistant,” said the manager.
Thousands of people have flocked to downtown Los Angeles in recent days to participate in demonstrations against Trump’s mass deportation strategy. The demonstrators briefly blocked Highway 101 this week, and a person was stabbed during a fight near Spring Street on Friday afternoon.
Operations to return the application of the ICE to Los Angeles recently posted on X on the people they have arrested, including a Mexican national found guilty of lascines or lascivious with a child under 14 and an alleged Member of the Venezuelan gang Tren of Aragua.
FBI spokesperson Laura Emiller refused to comment on any large-scale operation, but said the agency has been helping immigration operations since the end of January.
“We are mainly a support role for these operations,” she said.
Other federal agencies have been helping ice since last month, including DEA and the alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives.
The DEA last month published on X that he had participated in an operation related to the application of immigration.
“When asked to support immigration implementation measures, we will examine the capacity and change the resources if necessary to provide support,” said Matthew Allen, who heads the agency’s office, in A press release.
Ginger Colbrun, ATF spokesperson, said on Friday in an e-mail that the agency helped the Ministry of Internal Security and other federal laws for applying the law with the implementing efforts ‘Immigration in South California since January 26.
“To guarantee the operational security and security of our agents and partners, ATF does not disclose details of application activities,” said Colbrun.
Trump’s “border tsar”, Tom Homan, blamed this week the flight of an immigration operation in Aurora, Colorado, as having reduced the number of arrests of gang members of Tren of Aragua and others criminals.
“It’s not a match,” Homan told Fox News. “Having this type of interference puts our officers at great risk.”
California Daily Newspapers