An act of federal accusation of the Grand Jury returned this week against the gang chief accused Eugene “Big U” Henley revealed new details on the scope of his alleged “Mafia type organization” and the celebrities which were entangled there.
Henley, who helped launch the career of Nipsey Hussle, has already been charged in a 107 -page criminal complaint and finally stopped last week. The indictment of 43 counts returned Wednesday means that a great jury thinks that there is enough evidence to welcome Henley.
The Grand Jury charged Henley, 58, for accusations such as fraud, theft, extortion, tax evasion, the diversion of donations to his charity, which receives public money, and leading a racketeering plot in which he would have assassinated a grass rapper, according to the office of the American lawyer in Los Angeles.
Henley’s lawyer John Targowski said his client “impatiently awaits a vigorous defense of these accusations and maintains his innocence”.
“As the accusation act alleys, Henley led a criminal enterprise whose conduct went from murder to a sophisticated fraud which included the theft of taxpayers and a charity,” said Atty accompanying us. Joseph McNally. “The eradication of gangs and organized crime is the absolute priority of the Ministry of Justice.”
Before going, Henley made videos denying the accusations against him saying: “I did nothing.”
“I was only helping our community,” said Henley on videos. “It’s the price of being black and trying to help someone, trying to help your community and do what you can. You are just guilty because someone else doesn’t love you. ”
In the indictment, the prosecutors referred to these videos, calling them “an attempt to poison the jury basin”. They also accused Henley of fleeing the police and obstruction of the investigation.
According to the indictment, Henley’s phones have ceased to declare location data around 12:30 p.m. on March 19, a few hours before the police produced arrests related to the case. Before fleeing his home in southern Los Angeles, the authorities said that Henley had left a summons linked to the investigation into a table near a hat for the Seattle Navy, a sports team adopted by members of the 1960s district as a gang symbol.
Federal authorities have said Henley is an admitted member and “original gangster” or “OG” from the 1960s. More than a dozen members or alleged partners of the 60s – including Henley – were charged in the sprawling criminal case.
The accusation act also extended the alleged hold of Henley to Los Angeles and to the alleged victims who “had to” register “with Henley in order to obtain” protection “before arriving in the city.
According to the indictment, Henley recorded the video of a shooting team at Hyde Park around 2017 and said on the recording: “Each time you want to make films in the hood, check it …, but if you do not check it, we will check you well … We will check all your equipment.”
This video has also toured social networks in recent days.
The accusation act also provided more information on the circumstances surrounding the murder in Las Vegas by Rayshawn Williams, a budding rapper. The authorities accused Henley of having kidnapped and deadly shoot Williams in the face and leaving his body in the Las Vegas desert in 2021.
According to the prosecutors, Henley had made arrangements for Williams to record music in a studio belonging to a winning producer of a Grammy in Las Vegas. This producer, identified as witness-2 of the criminal complaint, told the authorities that Henley used his studio for free “based on the dynamics of fear and power imposed by the witness-2 by the big company U for years.”
In an affidavit filed with the complaint, Andrew Roosa, an FBI special agent, said that before the death of Williams, the young rapper recorded a dissociate song that Roosa believed in connection with Henley.
In addition, according to the indictment, Henley has organized a co-conspirator to recover an illegal debt in November 2022 with a current NBA stars player who would have allegedly owed $ 3 million to a large Enterprise partner.
Henley, during several calls for electronic listening, would have told the sending of Co-Conspirator to Minnesota to collect several hundred thousand dollars on behalf of a person he called “Jewish boy”. Henley would have taken part of the debt due in costs to perceive it.
The indictment also included the details of the listening calls in which Henley would have declared that he was “bigger” than Nipsey Hussle and that he had disciplined Hussle before the murder of the rapper in 2019.
In “Hip Hop Discovered”, a six -part documentary series for which Henley was an executive producer, he declared that Hussle had made a song “Diss” about him after the two fell on musical equipment.
“I’m not a rapper, I’m a scraper,” said Henley.
In the show, Henley said he had tried to take Hussle to be “disciplined”, but Hussle’s brother intervened and would not let him go. According to the complaint, LAPD reports documented that violence had broken out and when police arrived at the scene, a firearm was present and released.
Henley said he and Hussle spoke that night “and it was never nothing after that.”
In 2023, Eric Holder Jr. was sentenced to at least 60 years in prison for killing Hussle.
Although publications on social networks tried to blame Henley for the death of Hussle, the authorities did not linked him to the murder. “Hip Hop has discovered” also referred to conspiracy theories, which Henley called “the most stupid worlds in the world”.
“All these scranges appear from nowhere with different stories to sell this,” said Henley.
During a call sold in January 2023, Henley confirmed that he did not argue with Hussle, according to the indictment. He would have added that no one could “do beef” with him because if they did: “I am killed.
Henley is in police custody and her indictment is scheduled for April 8. Its detention hearing is scheduled for April 10.
Sylvester Robinson, 59, aka “Vey”, from Northridge; Mark Martin, 50, alias “Bear Claw”, from the Beverlywood region to Los Angeles; Termaine Ashley Williams, 42, alias “Luce Cannon”, from Las Vegas; Armani Aflleje, 38, alias “Mani”, from the Koreatown district of Los Angeles; Fredrick Blanton Jr., 43, from South Los Angeles; And Tiffany Shanrika Hines, 51, from Yorba Linda.
If he is found guilty of all the counts, Henley would be in life in prison.
California Daily Newspapers