The Best Stories You Might Have Missed – NBC Chicago
A dramatic scene inside O’Hare Airport was filmed – how it started and what happened after. Plus, a Chicago suburb is named the most expensive in Illinois, a celebrity chef opens a new restaurant out of town, and the best donut in the country is apparently right here in the Midwest.
Here’s a look at some of this week’s top headlines:
1. Wild video shows a fight near the baggage claim area at O’Hare Airport this week. Police say it all started with an argument between three people as they got off their plane, but things escalated near baggage claim and a big fight broke out. Two people now face misdemeanor charges and a 24-year-old woman was injured.
Video shows a wild fight on the lower level of Terminal 3 at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, where two people were arrested for punching a 24-year-old woman.
2. Gordon Ramsay is opening his next big restaurant, but this time he’s heading to the suburbs. Ramsay’s Kitchen is set to open in Naperville next week. The celebrity chef said he wanted the menu to offer a taste of his personal cooking, with dishes like a roast beef sandwich, crispy skinned salmon, Ramsay’s signature beef Wellington and more.
Gordon Ramsay’s new suburban Chicago restaurant will officially open next week. The newest location, located in downtown Naperville, is set to open beginning Tuesday, marking the opening of the second Ramsay’s Kitchen restaurant in the Chicago area.
3. A new list of the most expensive neighborhoods in each state has dubbed a Chicago suburb to top the list. Think you know which one it is? We’ll give you a hint: it’s home to one of the region’s most popular natural attractions. According to data analyzed from home prices and Zillow listings, CashNetUSA named Glencoe, home to the Botanical Gardens, the most expensive in Illinois. Do you agree?
A Chicago suburb was recently named the most expensive neighborhood in Illinois.
4. DOUGH-Don’t Miss This: We’re about to tell you where you can find one of the best donuts in the United States. It may not be here in Illinois, but it’s close. According to the Underground Donut Tour, the fan-favorite donut in their recent contest was Indiana’s Rise’n Roll Bakery and Cinnamon Caramel Donut (hungry yet?). Some spots in the Chicago area also won a few titles in the list. D&D’s Place won awards in the frozen, donut, and fruit flavored chocolate categories. Stan’s Donuts was also honored for its blueberry cream cheese pocket.
5. There were plenty of other headlines you might have missed this week: An Illinois native was crowned winner of “The Voice”; big changes are in store for select Metra racers next week (we have a full list of schedule changes here); a Dairy Queen favorite is dropped and fans have very mixed reactions; music legend Tina Turner has died; the video captured the moment more than a dozen people attempted to rob a post office at the Thompson Center; and, as you probably know, it’s Memorial Day weekend. If you’re looking for things to do, we’ve got a full list here, but we hope you’ll join us in honoring our nation’s heroes.
That’s all for the moment. Stay tuned throughout the weekend as more news develops.