OAKLAND – Two women will not receive any additional prison sentence thanks to a advocacy agreement on the death of a man who was beaten and stabbed in a very prostitutional district, according to the files.
Kimberly Burgos, 24, and Miah Newman, 20, were both accused of murder last year in connection with the death of Roy Ramsey, 46, in East Oakland. But during the recent appearances in court, the two women did not argue any competition for an accusation of accessories for the time they have already served in prison.
Burgos was officially sentenced in time she had already served while waiting for the trial. Newman is not entirely out of the woods; Her sentence depends on her non-stop by May 13, when she was the next due to the court, but she was released from prison in the meantime, according to the files.
The women were accused of joining a group of five alleged sex workers who beat and stabbed Ramsey to death early in the morning of March 29, 2024, on the 1500 Boulevard block. Police said the alleged Stabber was a 16 -year -old girl at the time, trafficking in an unidentified man. At least one attacker used high heels as a weapon.
Ramsey’s mother, in a letter to this press organization last year, described her son as a “love beacon, respect and admiration among her family and friends”. He lived with “physical limitations” of an accident in 2022, leaving him vulnerable to blows, she said.
“He was a young man very with good heart who lived his life with joy and peace. He was a threat to anyone, not to mention women who have so mercy on his life,” wrote Ramsey’s mother. “The circumstances surrounding Roy’s death are horrible … It was not just a crime against Roy; It was a crime against humanity itself. ”
Defense lawyers argued that Newman and Burgos played a minor role, if necessary, in murder. They also argued that Ramsey began the altercation with a woman or a girl on the scene and that the others joined the crashes. Burgos lawyer Ernie Castillo said that in as much as her client had struck or hit Ramsey in the buttocks.
“My client was innocent … She did not contribute to death in this case, and simply came with a person who was attacked,” said Castillo. “We are happy that the murder affair was rejected. It was the right thing to do here.”
Newman and Burgos were released from prison shortly after being arrested last year, according to court orders which force them to wear GPS monitors, to present themselves to a professional training program and not to engage in prostitution or to stroll in the areas associated with it. Prosecutors did not dispute their prison release, according to legal files.
Police said they confirmed that the girl was the stabber in part through texts from her phone, one of which said: “I stabbed … her loot” and that she used high heels to beat Ramsey, whom she called an “drunk A -“.
The girl is prosecuted before a tribunal for minors, where murder convictions generally resolve to a childcare sentence not exceeding the 25th anniversary of the neighborhood.
Originally published:
California Daily Newspapers
If only the NCAA tournament had so much excitement. The NIT championship match in Indianapolis…
The United States and the Democratic Republic of Congo are in talks on a mineral…
Jennifer Lopez spent an evening in the theater - and her dramatic and theatrical look…
Ruben Amorim had a difficult beginning of life in Manchester UnitedSir Alex Ferguson took six…
A woman named by the Department of Children and Family Services of the County of…
Kim Delaney seems to have corrected things with her husband, James Morgan, after their respective…