Categories: Uncategorized

Terrorism: Macron wants the dedicated Memorial project to be maintained, threatened with abandonment

On the eve of the tenth anniversary of the jihadist attack against Charlie Hebdo, the Head of State saw, this Monday, the president and the director of the mission to foreshadow this memorial, Henry Rousso and Elisabeth Pelsez, and indicated that he wanted the Museum-Memorial of Terrorism project near Paris “to be maintained as he had announced it,” this source told AFP, confirming information from Franceinfo.

A project estimated at 95 million euros

Historian Henry Rousso confirmed on

Announced by Emmanuel Macron on September 19, 2018 during the universal commemoration for the victims of attacks, the project, estimated at 95 million euros spread over eight years, was to open its doors in 2027 in Mont-Valérien, in the town of Suresnes, near Paris.

But Matignon, when Michel Barnier was Prime Minister, had announced to those responsible for the prefiguration mission its abandonment, without prior consultation, invoking “budget cuts” to reduce deficits. Associations of victims of terrorism denounced an “unworthy” and “incomprehensible” decision.

Since then, the Barnier government has been censored by deputies and the head of state seems determined to relaunch this project under the leadership of the new Prime Minister François Bayrou.

https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1876541143942390063?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Paris prosecutor during the wave of attacks in 2015, François Molins confirmed the “good news” of maintaining the project. “It should be brought to fruition. And I hope he will, because he was well advanced. And we will continue to fight with all our energy so that it comes to an end,” he said on Franceinfo.

“It’s important, because this museum will be both a place of memory” but also “of culture, reflection and exchange”, and “therefore of pedagogy, around the values ​​of citizenship, has he added. I hope that it could also constitute an instrument of prevention in relation to all this terrorist risk. »

letelegramme Fr Trans

remon Buul

Recent Posts

The serum of the oasis of Peach and Lily plus my mother’s mature skin

Sometimes the moisturizer alone is not enough to suffocate the crisp skin. As a person…

24 seconds ago

Teen Sprinter Gout Gout, which broke the record of Usain Bolt, reached by Lachlan Kennedy; His reaction wins Hearts – Firstpost

Gout Gout, which made the headlines at only 16 years old and the comparison with…

2 minutes ago

No cycle paths? Transit defenders say Metro ignores mobility plans

When the residents of Los Angeles voted last year to implement the city's almost decade…

3 minutes ago

Teddi Mellencamp says his cancer is now stage 4 after the metastasation of the lungs and the brain

The former star of reality Teddi Mellencamp revealed that his skin cancer reached stage 4…

10 minutes ago

Global actions slip while Trump prices have hit the markets

Tom espineBBC Business ReporterEPAThe stock markets in London, Paris and Berlin fell while trade began…

11 minutes ago

Loaders Signs Te Jordan Petaia as part of the International Player Chemin Program

The charges signed the tight end Jordan Petaia on Wednesday, the team announced.He joined the…

12 minutes ago