The quarter-Arrière Trey Lance concluded an agreement on an agreement of one year of a value of up to 6.2 million dollars with the Los Angeles charges, ESPN sources at Adam Schefter said on Friday.
Lance and Taylor Heinicke are now backups behind the leaving the Justin Herbert charges.
Herbert was one of the most durable NFL quarters during its first five seasons. He started 62 consecutive games to start his career, which was the second longest active sequence in the NFL, before a fracture of his right index in the week 14 of 2023 ending his season.
However, Herbert played injuries, and even if he did not miss a match in 2024, he was often hampered and lacked clichés or districts of games due to injuries. The injury bug started in the training camp when a diagnosis of Plantaire fascia prevented it for two weeks. Then Herbert suffered an ankle sprained raised during the week 2 which he aggravated the following week and sailed on a thigh bruising and an ankle injury separated later in the year.
Lance gives the chargeers another competent backup option – with Heinicke, who appeared in four games last season – if Herbert is missing at any time. The signature also means that Easton Stick, the quarter-back of the third chain of charges last season, will probably not be back.
Choice n ° 3 of the 2021 draft by the 49ers of San Francisco, Lance remains something of a mystery after four seasons in the league.
He started four games in two years with San Francisco, displaying a file of 2-2 while launching for 797 yards, 5 affected and 3 interceptions out of 56 out of 102. An ankle injury cost him his departure job, leading to the Brock Purdy success series with the Niners.
In 2023, the Dallas cowboys acquired launched for a choice of fourth round in last year’s draft, but he did not play a cliché in 2023 and saw only the cash duty in 2024 before starting the regular season final against the Washington commanders – finishing 20 of the 34 passes for 244 yards without touched or interception, and running for 26 years. Six portions in a loss of 23-19 without the only little game.
He also played the majority of shots during the pre-season of last year for cowboys, completing 73 of the 113 passes for 662 yards and two affected, but he launched five interceptions in the pre-season finale against loaders.
Lance, 24, at less than 2024 choices in the first round, Bo Nix and Michael Penix Jr., former coach Mike McCarthy said that Lance needed to continue to gain experience because he only played 19 games in the state of North Dakota before entering the NFL.
Kris Rhim and Todd Archer d’Espn contributed to this report.
Celebrated 250 games with the Panthers The first player to reach the milestone with the…
California and 21 other states have taken legal action on Friday contesting a recent Trump…
A demonstrator interrupted the opening speech focused on Microsoft's co-pilot on Friday afternoon, drawing attention…
Former President Barack Obama urged universities to resist attacks by the federal government that violate…
During his ascent to glory in the 80s, Val Kilmer acquired a reputation among his…
Alex Ovechkin of the Capitals of Washington famous after having beat the Blackhawks of Chicago…