France

Russian casualty toll rises to 89, says General Sevryukov – RT in French

[ad_1]

General Sergey Sevryukov said the Russian casualty toll in the Ukrainian strike on Makeyevka now stands at 89 dead. He questioned the soldiers’ use of cell phones.

In a video message broadcast by the Russian Ministry of Defense on January 4, General Sergey Sevryukov, deputy head of the Main Military and Political Directorate of the Armed Forces, announced that the results of the Ukrainian strike of January 1 on the locality of Makeyevka, in the Donetsk region, had risen to 89 Russian dead after the discovery of new victims in the rubble of a building in the city. A first toll was 63 Russian soldiers killed.

“The number of our dead comrades has risen to 89,” he said, recalling that Ukrainian artillery had fired, at 00:01 a.m., six “rockets from a Himars multiple rocket launcher system [fourni par Washington à l’Ukraine] against a temporary deployment point” of a Russian unit. He confirmed that two of these projectiles had been shot down by anti-aircraft defense but that the other four had “hit an administrative building where Russian soldiers were located”, causing the ceiling to collapse.

Use of mobile phones in question, according to Sevryukov

Sergueï Sevrioukov explained that the Commission of Inquiry was currently working to understand how this strike could have taken place but that, according to him, it seemed “obvious that the main reason” was “the massive use, despite the ban, of telephones portable by military personnel within range of enemy weapons”.

“It helped reveal their signals to determine the coordinates and positions of these soldiers, in order to carry out this missile strike”, he concluded.

Ukraine, which confirmed having carried out a strike at Makeyevka on New Year’s Eve, for its part advanced a much heavier toll of the Russian army’s losses. On Telegram, the strategic communications department of the Ukrainian army mentioned on January 1, in a filthy message addressed to the “mobilized morons”, 400 dead, qualified as “bastards” as well as 300 wounded.

The Ukrainian general staff admitted to having no definitive assessment of Russian losses, but assured in a message posted on Facebook on January 2 that it had destroyed “up to ten” Russian military vehicles.

On January 3, about 500 people gathered in the regional square of the city of Samara to pay tribute to the killed military Makeyevka. Many of the dead and wounded in this strike were from the city south of Kazan.

Makeyevka is in the Donbass, and more precisely in the People’s Republic of Donetsk, a region which seceded from kyiv following the 2014 coup and which has since been the target of bombardments by the Ukrainian army. Like three other territories (Lugansk, Zaporozhye and Kherson), the Donetsk region was attached to the Russian Federation in September 2022, following a referendum based on the rights of peoples to dispose of them. themselves but whose organization Westerners denounce.

On February 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the launch of a “special military operation” aimed at helping the Russian-speaking populations of Donbass, targeted by kyiv, and “denazifying the country”. An operation criticized by the West, which has since taken numerous sanctions against Russia.

[ad_2]

RT All Fr Trans

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button