Skip to content
Russian army denies killing civilians in Boutcha and accuses kyiv of “provocation” – RT in French

Accused by the Western camp and by kyiv of war crimes against civilians in Boutcha in Ukraine, Russia denounced a falsification in a press release, and qualified these actions as “new provocation”.

The Russian Ministry of Defense assured on April 3 in a press release that its forces had not killed civilians in Boutcha, a town near kyiv recently taken over by Ukrainian forces.

“All the photo images and video sequences published by the kyiv regime, which would testify to the so-called “crimes” committed by Russian soldiers in the village of Boutcha, in the kyiv region, are a new provocation”, reads one. .

The text further specifies that the Russian army left this area on March 30 “the day after the session of talks between Russia and Ukraine in Turkey”. Previously, Russia says it delivered 452 tonnes of humanitarian aid there.

International condemnation

The images of the bodies of people dressed in civilian clothes in the streets of this locality have gone around the world and caused a great stir. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has accused Russia of “genocide” against his people. kyiv estimates that 300 people were buried in mass graves in Boutcha.

AFP had seen on April 2 the corpses of at least twenty men wearing civilian clothes lying in a street in Boutcha, reconquered by Ukrainian troops. One of them had his hands tied and the bodies were scattered for several hundred meters.

In turn, Washington, Paris, Berlin or London have denounced “atrocities”, even “war crimes”. “The Russian authorities will have to answer for these crimes”, wrote Emmanuel Macron in particular on Twitter.

“During the entire time the town was under the control of the Russian armed forces, and even more so after that, until today, the residents of Boutcha moved freely around the village and used their mobile phones […] At the same time, the southern suburbs of the village, including residential areas were bombarded around the clock by Ukrainian troops using large-caliber artillery, tanks and multiple rocket launcher systems,” says Russian Defense.

Corpses that are not four days old, according to Moscow

According to Moscow, “‘evidence of crimes’ in Bucha appeared only 4 days”, after the departure of its soldiers, “when officers of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) and representatives of Ukrainian television arrived in the town”.

For Russia, the corpses shown in images cannot have remained so long in the street since “they do not have typical cadaveric spots and that in the wounds there is blood which has not coagulated”.

Thus, for the Russian army, these images are a staging orchestrated by kyiv “for the Western media, as was the case with the maternity hospital in Mariupol, as well as in other cities”.

Details to follow…



RT All Fr Trans

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.