Iran would have ordered its soldiers to leave Yemen and withdraw its support from the Houthis in the midst of large US air strikes on the rebel group.
The British Telegraph newspaper quoted on Thursday a “senior Iranian official” saying that Tehran reduced his support for his regional proxies to focus on direct threats from the American administration.
“Each meeting is dominated by discussions on (US President Donald Trump),” said the official.
According to the manager, the withdrawal of Yemen Iran was designed to avoid the possibility of climbing if an Iranian soldier is killed in American air strikes.
Tehran focuses on his efforts on how to respond to Trump and his litany of threats, and “none of the regional groups that we previously supported is being discussed,” said the official.
“The point of view here is that the Houthis will not be able to survive and live their last months, even the days, so it is useless to keep them on our list.”
“They were part of a chain that counted on Nasrallah and Assad, and keeping only part of this chain for the future makes no sense,” continued the official, referring to the former leaders of Hezbollah Terror Group respectively and in Syria.

A document photo provided by the office of the supreme chief of Iran, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, shows him the reception of Mohammed Abdulsalam (L), spokesperson for the Houthis Movement of Yemen, in Tehran on July 30, 2024. (website of the Iranian Supreme Leader / AFP))
The Telegraph report came in the middle of an American air campaign again the Houthis that have experienced almost per day strikes in the rebel areas of Yemen since March 15. The strikes aim to prevent the terrorist group supported by Iran from attacking the commercial expedition in solidarity with the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas.
Washington has since declared that he sent a second group of aircraft carriers to the waters of the Middle East to strengthen his campaign to “dissuade the assault and protect the free movement of trade”.
The Houthis had interrupted their attacks on expedition during a six-week ceasefire in Gaza earlier this year, but they announced that they took them back after Israel cut aid on the territory before returning to the fight against Hamas.
Since then, the Houthis have launched drone and missile attacks against American warships and Israel.
The Houthis said on Thursday that the strike they blamed in the United States killed a goalkeeper in a communication tower, among more than 30 strikes on rebel parties in Yemen.
“An American assault has targeted the communications network in … the governorate of IBB, leading to the martyrdom of Abdulwasim Abdulwahab Zahir, the custody of communications,” said the spokesman for the Ministry of Health Houthi, Alasbahi, on social networks.

People assess the following damage that were reported during the night of the American strikes that the Houthi rebels said they had hit the water management building in Mansouriya to the Governor of Hodeida Yemen on April 2, 2025. (AFP)
Earlier, the Al-Masirah TV for Houthis said that more than 20 strikes had hit the province of Saada, the bastion of the rebels in the Northern Mountains.
He said Washington had made two strikes on vehicles, one south of the rebellious Sanaa capital and another in Saada province.
In a statement, Houthi’s military spokesman Yahya Saree said the United States had launched “over the past few hours, more than 36 air strikes” in different parts of the country.
Saree said the group had targeted the American aircraft carrier Uss Harry S. Truman in response.
He also said that the group had shot down an “American drone MQ-9” because it “carried out hostile missions” in the province of Hodeida on the Red Sea coast.