Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Ray Lewis III died of accidental overdose, Florida police say; son of NFL Hall of Fame linebacker was 28 – The Denver Post

The son of NFL Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis has died of an accidental drug overdose, according to a report attributed to Florida police.

Ray Lewis III, 28, was found unresponsive when police responded to a medical emergency call around 6 p.m. Wednesday night, TMZ reports.

The former college football player reportedly received CPR from a friend, while another friend was screaming for Narcan – a drug used to treat overdoses – when authorities arrived on the scene.

Police said Lewis was naked, lying on the floor between a bed and a wall, and not breathing. Narcan was administered into his right nostril according to the report, but it was too late to save his life.

Authorities also searched the scene and discovered a blue pill near Lewis’s body. Reports said the pill was alprazolam, better known by one of its brand names, Xanax.

There was also a used needle in the room, as well as a small plastic bag inside an empty beer can, police said.

Although authorities have called Lewis’s death an accidental overdose, they note that the final determination of how he died will be left to a medical examiner.

On Thursday, younger brother Rashaan Lewis posted an Instagram Story dedicated to his late sibling.

“I really can’t believe I’m even typing this but RIP big bro,” he captioned a photo of Lewis III.

“A true angel, I pray [you’re] at peace now because [I know] how many were you [really] hurt. I don’t have and never will have the words,” he added.


denverpost sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.

Back to top button