President Vladimir Putin called 160,000 men aged 18 to 30, the largest number of Conscripts in Russia since 2011, while the country has moved to extend the size of its soldiers.
The spring call for a military year came several months after Putin said that Russia is expected to increase the overall size of its soldiers to almost 2.39 million and its number of active soldiers to 1.5 million.
This represents an increase of 180,000 in the next three years.
Vice-Adm Vladimir Tsimlyansky said that new conscripts would not be sent to fight in Ukraine for what Russia calls for “special military operation”.
However, conscripts were killed in the fighting in the border regions of Russia and were sent to fight in Ukraine in the first months of the Large -scale War.
The current project, which takes place between April and July, comes despite American attempts to forge a ceasefire in the war.
On Tuesday, there was no break in violence, Ukraine saying that a Russian attack on an electricity center in the city of southern Kherson had left 45,000 people without electricity.
Russia also claimed to have captured another Ukrainian village in Rozlyiv in the Donetsk region.
Russia calls conscripts in spring and fall, but the last project of 160,000 young men is 10,000 higher than the same period in 2024.
Since the beginning of last year, the pool of young men available for the project has been increased by increasing the maximum age by 27 to 30 years.
In addition to the call notices delivered by post, young men will receive notifications on the Gosuslugi State Services website.
In addition to its twice paragraph project, Russia has also called a large number of men as contractual soldiers and recruited thousands of soldiers in North Korea.
Moscow had to respond to many losses in Ukraine, with more than 100,000 verified by the BBC and Mediazona as soldiers killed in Ukraine.
The real number could be more than double.
Putin has increased the size of the military three times since he ordered the troops to capture Ukraine in February 2022.
The Russian Defense Ministry linked the December 2023 increase in the size of the military to “growing threats” of the war in Ukraine and “the continuous expansion of NATO”.
NATO has expanded to include Finland and Sweden, as a direct consequence of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia.
Finland has the longest NATO border with Russia, with 1,343 km (834 miles) and Prime Minister Petteri ORPO said on Tuesday that his country would join other states Russia to withdraw from the Ottawa Convention prohibiting anti-personal mines.
Poland and Baltic States have made similar decisions two weeks ago due to Russia’s military threat.
ORPO said that the decision to resume the use of anti-personal mines was based on military advice and that the inhabitants of Finland had nothing to fear.
The Helsinki government also said that defense expenses would be increased to 3% of economic production (GDP), compared to 2.4% last year.