Categories: Entertainment

Prince Harry hopes that the Sentebale investigation “will reveal the truth”

A little more than a week after Prince Harry published a statement with the co-founder of Sentebale, Prince Seeiso du Lesotho, announcing their resignation as customers of the charitable organization, Prince Harry published an additional statement in which he declared that he hoped that the charity commission “would reveal the truth” while the Watchdog organization has announced a Sentebale investigation.

“What happened during last week was tearing to witness, especially when such blatant lies injured those who have invested in this common goal,” said Harry, according to the BBC.

Prince Seeiso and Prince Harry at Lesotho on October 1, 2024.

Getty


The charitable committee said it had opened a matter to examine the “raised concerns” about Sentebale, which Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso founded in 2006 to help children affected by HIV / AIDS not only in Lesotho but also Botswana and other places across southern Africa. The president of Sentebale, Dr. Sophie Chandauka, raised complaints against the organization, in particular intimidation and harassment; She added to the BBC that she had welcomed the investigation by the charity.

Prince Harry helped launch Sentebale two years after having sabbatical year in Lesotho in 2004 and nine years after the death of her mother, Princess Diana, in a car accident in 1997 in Paris. Sentebale means “forget” in SSOTHO, the official language of Lesotho; Fweeting to me was Diana’s favorite flower.

Prince Harry and Princess Diana on August 10, 1987.

Getty


The claims between Chandauka and Harry, Seeiso and Sentebale Trustees led to Harry’s resignation as a boss, announced on March 25 and the following attempts to withdraw Chandauka as president. Harry, too, welcomed the involvement of the charitable commission, saying that it would be a “robust investigation” that “we are fully waiting to reveal the truth that has collectively forced us to resign”.

“We hope that this will allow the charity to immediately put good hands, for the communities we serve,” said Harry, adding: “Since the creation of Sentebals almost 20 years ago, Prince Seeiso and I had a clear goal – to support children and young people in southern Africa in memory of our mothers.”

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in the Royal Salute Polo Challenge benefiting in Sentebale on April 12, 2024.

Chandauka said, according to the BBC, that she and her management team focus on daily Sentebale operations and are looking forward to working with supporters like “we are recalibrating for an ambitious future”.

The charitable commission, for its part, said that it was “in direct contact with the parties who have shown concerns” and collect evidence to see if those who directed Sentebale had complied with “duties and responsibilities under the charitable law”.

Entertainment

Eleon

Recent Posts

Tesla’s stock crashes really badly

The global economy is in shock today when companies and investors are trying to unpack…

49 seconds ago

The filmmaker Paul Schrader accused of having sexually assaulted the personal assistant | Paul Schrader

Paul Schrader, editor of the taxi driver and director of the American Gigolo, was accused…

4 minutes ago

All the big things, the opening at home, the imanaga, the beginnings of minors and other cubs bullets

It was so good to be back for an opener, guy. It was only a…

6 minutes ago

Ukraine SBU claims that drone strike on the ammunition factory in the Russian Samara region

The Ukraine Safety Service (SBU) said that it had struck the Promsintez ammunition plant in…

7 minutes ago

How Trump’s prices will skyrocket your favorite daily items

President Donald Trump's controversial global tariff plan should send the price of everyday items. Everything,…

12 minutes ago

The Trump family cash registers ring while the financial merger takes place

The collapse of the financial market was underway when President Trump went on board the…

14 minutes ago