The president of an African charity co-founded by Prince Harry accused the Royal on Sunday of orchestrating an intimidation and harassment campaign to try to force her out, while she was postponing after His abrupt resignation organization.
Sophie Chandauka, the president of Sentebale, a charity that Harry co-founded in 2006 who had long aimed to help the children of southern Africa who have HIV / AIDS, took several shots at Harry on Sky News. Chandauka described how the prince’s Netflix agreement interfered with a planned fundraising and how an incident with his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, has become a source of friction.
The Duke of Sussex resigned on Tuesday as a Sentebale patron, which he helped to establish in honor of his deceased mother, Princess Diana, citing a rupture in relations between the members of the Board of Directors and Chandauka.
Harry and Co-founder, Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, said in a joint declaration that they depressed “with heavy hearts” as united customers with five administrators who resigned from an internal dispute with Chandauka, who refused to resign when asked. The impasse would have involved a change in the organization’s mission.
Themba Hadebe / AP
“It is devastating that the relationship between the trustee of the charitable organization and the chairman of the board of directors was broken down, creating an untenable situation,” said princes in their declaration. “What is happening is unthinkable. We are in shock that we must do, but we have a continuous responsibility towards the beneficiaries of Sentebale, so we will share all our concerns with the Charitable Commission on the way it happened.”
Chandauka continued the charitable organization in order to stay in its position, according to the press release. She said that she had reported sentebale administrators to the charitable commission in the United Kingdom and had documents before a British court to prevent her withdrawal.
She allegedly alleged that there was a fault with the charity without naming anyone or offering details in a statement on Tuesday. He said that she had tried to denounce “the abuse of power, intimidation, harassment, misogyny and misogym”, this last word referring to a combination of racism and misogyny directed towards black women.
Chandauka told Sky that Harry’s resignation had caught her blind and was “an example of harassment and large -scale intimidation”. She said he had also interfered with his denunciation complaint.
“It is therefore a concealment, and the prince is involved,” she said.
Chandauka said there had been a significant drop in donors after Harry and Meghan left official royal functions in January 2020, and finally settle in California.
The charitable organization, whose name means “do not forget me” in the Sésotho language of Lesotho and South Africa, was founded to help young people affected by AIDS in the small mountainous nation and Botswana. But it is now evolving to combat the health of young people, wealth and climate resilience in southern Africa.
The biggest risk for the charity was the “toxicity of the brand of its leader,” Chandauka told Financial Times.
In Sky’s interview, she said that a Polo fundraising planned in Miami last year almost collapsed when Harry asked to bring a camera team that filmed him for a Netflix series series.
The cost of the place is skyrocketing when he became a commercial enterprise and they rushed to find another host, which Harry organized through his relations, she said.
Meghan’s surprise appearance during the event led to an embarrassing moment during the presentation of the trophy after the match, said Chandauka.
In a video clip broadcast on social networks, Chandauka tried to pose next to the Duke while he was holding the trophy in one hand and had his others wrapped around Meghan. But the Duchess seemed to make a gesture that Chandauka moves further from Harry, forcing her to dodge under the silver cup to enter the photo.
“The international press has captured this, and there have been a lot of discussions on the duchess and choreography on stage and if it should have been there and her treatment of me,” said Chandauka.
She said that she had rejected Harry’s request to publish a declaration in support of Meghan, because “we cannot be an extension of the sussexes”.
Sky News said he contacted Harry and Meghan and refused to offer an official response. A request by email by the Associated Press requesting comments from their spokesperson was not immediately returned.
Ramy Inocencio contributed to this report.
Barack Obama Share a rare overview of his marriage to Michelle Obama. The former American…
Jaguar Land Rover, the British car manufacturer, said on Saturday that she stopped delivering to…
Manchester City launched its last legal assault on the Premier League - by contesting its…
Support our sports cover in high school by becoming a digital subscriber. Subscribe nowOrange County…
The Red Sox seeks to remain undefeated at Fenway Park when they hit the ground…
New Delhi: President Droupadi Murmu gave his consent to the Waqf bill (amendment) which was…