London
Cnn
–
The president of a charity co -founded by Prince Harry The accused “harassment and large -scale intimidation” in a television interview on Sunday, after him and other people involved in the charity left this week.
Sophie Chandauka, the president of Sentebale, said that the Duke of Sussex had unleashed “the Sussex machine (PR)” earlier this week when he publicly left the boss of the charity, with the co-founder, Prince Seeiso du Lesotho, and the Board of Directors.
“At one point on Tuesday, Prince Harry authorized the release of a new damaging to the outside world without informing me or my directors of the country, or my executive director,” she said on Sunday morning of Sky with the Trevor Phillips program.
“And can you imagine what this attack did for me, on me and the 540 individuals from the Sentebale organizations and their family?” She added. “It is an example of harassment and large -scale intimidation.”
According to a source close to the administrators and customers of the charity, they “fully expect this publicity and made their collective decision (to leave) in this spirit”.
“They remain firm in their resignation, for the good of the charitable organization, and impatiently await the decision of the truth,” said the source in CNN.
The source also countered Chandauka’s assertion that the press had been informed of departures before the charitable organization, claiming that Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso had sent a letter of resignation to the president and the administrators on March 10.
CNN contacted Sentebale to comment.
In another interview, published on Saturday, Chandauka said that Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso “wanted to force a failure and then come to the rescue” of the organization.
Although the details of the line are not clear, Chandauka told Financial Times that there had been frictions between British staff of the charity and those of Lesotho and Botswana.
That, she said, was triggered by her efforts to transform the charitable organization and transfer decision-making to the leaders of southern Africa.
Prince Harry said he was “in shock” after decided to stop The charitable organization, which he set up in 2006 to help young people living and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana. The Duke of Sussex co -founded Sentebale in honor of his mother, Princess Diana, nine years after being killed in a Paris car accident.
In a joint statement with his co-founder, Prince Harry said on Wednesday that it was “with a heavy heart” that they had resigned from their roles “until further notice”.
In his own statement earlier this week, Chandauka seemed to be a 40 -year -old Royal to “play the victim’s card”.
“All I do in Sentebale is looking for the integrity of the organization, its mission and the young people we serve,” she said in the statement reported by the British media news agency.
She then described the situation as “the story of a woman who dared to denounce the questions of bad governance, weak executive management, abuse of power, intimidation, harassment, misogyny, misogymoir – and the concealment that followed.”
The previous reports of Lauren de CNN said Moorhouse and Max Foster