Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
Entertainment

Police identify Steve Buscemi’s alleged attacker a week after ‘random act of violence’

New York police are searching for a man who allegedly punched Emmy-winning actor Steve Buscemi in Manhattan last week.

Police have named Clifton Williams, 50, as the suspect behind the alleged assault that left the “Boardwalk Empire” and “The Big Lebowski” star’s left eye bloodied and bruised, The Times confirmed Wednesday. Police responded last week to a report of an assault in Kips Bay involving Buscemi, 66, and an “unidentified individual” at the time.

After the alleged assault, EMS took Buscemi to Bellevue Hospital for treatment. He was in stable condition but suffered from “bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye,” according to a police report. Police said last week that the suspect was “a dark-skinned male” wearing a dark baseball cap, blue T-shirt, black pants and white sneakers and carrying a schoolbag.

Learn more: Michael Stuhlbarg returns to Broadway after man allegedly threw a rock at his head

Police have made no arrests in connection with the alleged assault and an investigation is ongoing.

Buscemi became the second “Boardwalk Empire” star assaulted in New York in two months. In April, his co-star Michael Stuhlbarg was “randomly attacked near Central Park” while he was walking.

Police said a 27-year-old man, whom they described as unhoused, threw a rock at 55-year-old Stuhlbarg’s head. Police arrested the alleged attacker, who faces charges of second-degree assault and second-degree harassment.

Learn more: Man who tackled Dave Chappelle at Hollywood Bowl files lawsuit against venue

Stuhlbarg returned to Broadway a day after the incident for a preview of his new play, “Patriots.”

In a statement shared with the Times earlier this week, a representative for “Fargo” star Buscemi said he was on the mend after being “another victim of a random act of violence in the city”.

“He is doing well and appreciates everyone’s well wishes,” the statement added, “although it is incredibly sad for everyone that this happened while he was also walking the streets of New York.”

Get notified when the biggest stories in Hollywood, culture and entertainment go live. Sign up for LA Times entertainment alerts.

This story was originally published in the Los Angeles Times.

Gn entert
News Source : www.yahoo.com

Back to top button