Hello and welcome back to Max Q!
In this problem:
- Firefly Aerospace has conquered the night
- Varda Space News and more
Firefly Aerospace successfully launched a satellite for the U.S. Space Force on just 24 hours’ notice, in a record-breaking demonstration of rapid launch capabilities for national security missions.
The company launched the Victus Nox mission in the first available window, with Alpha leaving the platform just 27 hours after receiving launch notice.
More news from TC
- The exploration company signed a cargo delivery agreement with private space station developer Axiom Space, as well as a launch agreement with the Indian Space Research Organization.
- Open cosmosa UK-based satellite startup, has raised $50 million, a remarkable figure given the current investment climate.
- Rocket Lab transformed Virgin Orbit’s former headquarters and manufacturing complex into a rocket engine development center.
- Tech stars has selected 12 new companies to join the fall cohort of its Space Accelerator, with startups working on everything from launch to servicing in space.
- Varda Space was denied a reentry request by the U.S. Air Force earlier this month, pushing back the company’s timeline for returning its first manufacturing demonstration to space.
Max Q is brought to you by me, Aria Alamalhodaei. If you enjoy reading Max Q, consider forwarding it to a friend.