Categories: Entertainment

Mandy Moore Responds to Critics After Asking For Donations For Family

Mandy Moore isn’t holding back when it comes to defending her family. The This Is Us star found herself in the middle of controversy after sharing a GoFundMe campaign for her in-laws, who lost everything in the devastating Los Angeles wildfires—and she had some choice words for her critics.

Related: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Make Major Move Amid California Wildfires

The actress, who herself is grappling with major damage to her own home from the fires, took to Instagram to share that her brother-in-law Griff and sister-in-law Kit had lost their home in the Eaton Fire. The situation is particularly difficult, as the couple is expecting their first child in just a few weeks.

“With their first baby on the way in a matter of weeks, they need our support now more than ever,” Moore wrote in her initial post. She explained that Griff, a touring musician, had also lost “his entire arsenal of drums/percussion he uses to make a living.”

But when some social media users suggested that Moore should simply handle the expenses herself, citing her supposed net worth from online sources, the actress wasn’t having it. In a fiery follow-up post on January 10, 2025, she set the record straight.

“People questioning whether we’re helping out our own family or attributing some arbitrary amount of money Google says someone has is NOT helpful or empathetic,” Moore fired back. “Of course we are. Our buddy Matt started this GoFundMe and I’m sharing because people have asked how they can help them. We just lost most of our life in a fire too. Kindly F OFF. No one is forcing you to do anything.”

Despite the initial backlash, the response from Moore’s supporters has been overwhelming. The campaign, which originally aimed to raise $60,000, has now collected over $176,000 in donations. Moore later expressed her gratitude, writing, “Blown away by the love & support for these two. Thank you thank you thank you. People are unbelievably kind.”

The actress has been openly documenting her own harrowing experience with the fires. Earlier in the week, she shared emotional footage of her smoke-filled neighborhood in Altadena, revealing that her family and pets had to evacuate. “Honestly, I’m in shock and feeling numb for all so many have lost, including my family,” she shared. “My children’s school is gone. Our favorite restaurants, leveled.”

The Los Angeles wildfires, which began on January 7, 2025, have forced nearly 180,000 residents to evacuate and damaged over 13,400 structures. The fires have tragically claimed 11 lives, including former child actor Rory Callum Sykes, who passed away in his Malibu home. Other celebrities affected include Paris Hilton, James Woods, Billy Crystal, and Mark Hamill, among others.

A benefit concert called FireAid is scheduled for January 30, 2025, at LA’s Intuit Dome, with proceeds going to support rebuild efforts and displaced families.

Eleon

Recent Posts

Teddi Mellencamp says his cancer is now stage 4 after the metastasation of the lungs and the brain

The former star of reality Teddi Mellencamp revealed that his skin cancer reached stage 4…

39 seconds ago

Global actions slip while Trump prices have hit the markets

Tom espineBBC Business ReporterEPAThe stock markets in London, Paris and Berlin fell while trade began…

2 minutes ago

Loaders Signs Te Jordan Petaia as part of the International Player Chemin Program

The charges signed the tight end Jordan Petaia on Wednesday, the team announced.He joined the…

3 minutes ago

An uninhabited island, a military base and an old whale hunting hunting station. Trump prices include improbable targets

Seoul, South Korea Cnn - The radical prices announced by US President Donald Trump on…

4 minutes ago

Trump “ completed under pressure ” If Europe regroups on prices: the German Minister of the Economy

Berlin, Germany - February 24: Robert Habeck, chancellor candidate for the German Greens Day, speaks…

5 minutes ago

I went from the bankruptcy meeting room

My post was eliminated in 2006 from a nine -year career as an investment director…

6 minutes ago