Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
USA

Man charged with alleged sexual assault of two women in forest

Los Angeles County prosecutors have charged a 40-year-old man with sexually assaulting two women in his pickup truck in a remote part of the Angeles National Forest earlier this week.

Eduardo Sarabia was charged Wednesday with one count of forcible rape and one count of forcible oral copulation, according to court records. Sarabia is accused of raping one woman after driving her to a hidden area of ​​the forest on Sunday, then sexually assaulting a second woman in the same remote area on Monday in Los Angeles County. Atty. George Gascón’s office announced this in a press release. The incidents took place along Highway 39 between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., authorities said.

“The horrific and violent sexual assault that these two survivors suffered at the hands of the alleged suspect is deeply disturbing and incomprehensible. Our thoughts are with the victims during this extremely difficult time,” Gascón said in a statement Thursday.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating additional victims. Based on the circumstances surrounding the case, investigators believe there may be additional unidentified victims. The sheriff’s department released images of Sarabia and his windowless white panel van.

“I would like to emphasize that this is an ongoing investigation and there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward. I urge anyone who has been impacted by similar incidents to contact law enforcement and seek available resources,” Gascón said.

Sarabia was arraigned Wednesday in a Pomona courtroom and is due back in court June 27. Anyone with information about this case can contact the Sheriff’s Department, Special Victims Bureau at 877-710-5273 or by email at specialvictimsbureau@lasd.org.

California Daily Newspapers

Back to top button