Dow industrial average up for 6 straight day
Major U.S. stock indexes rise after PCI data showed a decline in core revenue year-on-year. US inventories rose more than 2% for the 3rd month in a row (is inventory building excessive?). The U.S. trade deficit plunged, possibly a sign of lower demand for overseas goods.
An overview of the current market shows:
- Dow Industrial Average up 71 points or 0.22% to 32709
- S&P up 36.4 points or 0.90% at 4094.30
- NASDAQ up 170 points or 1.44% to 11909
- Russell 2000 up 15.8 points or 0.86% at 1854.11
Costco is down due to gross margin pressure. They beat on the top and bottom line. It is down -0.30%.
Citigroup was downgraded by Credit Suisse due to valuation concerns. They believe that the upside is limited compared to its peers. The city’s shares are down -1.46%.
JP Morgan shares are down slightly after falling sharply this week. The shares are up 7.41% from last Friday’s close.
- Microsoft is up 1.44%
- Amazon is up 2.35%
- AMD is up 2.72%
- Disney is up 1.82%. Paramount’s Top Gun opens this weekend is expected to have huge crowds. Does that
Other top winners include:
- GameStop, +5.78%
- Block, +5.78%
- Tesla, +4.38%
- Nvidia, +3.07%
The most popular