USAWorld News

Lionel Dahmer plans to sue Netflix for exalting the Jeffrey murders


The elderly father of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer is planning to sue Netflix over two of its hit series about his infamous son, according to a report.

Lionel Dahmer, 86, is said to be upset that he was never contacted about the popular Netflix series ‘Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story,’ which was released in September, his guardian told the US Sun.

The Milwaukee Cannibal’s father was also upset that Netflix never asked for permission to use the tape recordings of his son’s legal team used in the streaming giant’s other Jeffrey Dahmer docuseries, “Conversations with a Killer. : The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes”, which was released earlier this month.

Both series sparked a renewed fascination with Jeffrey Dahmer, who killed 17 boys and men between 1978 and 1991. The murderer has become so popular in light of the new shows that people dress up like him for Halloween.

Lionel Dahmer lives quietly in rural Ohio. He has refused to speak since the Netflix series was released, but is said to be a “nervous wreck” as fans of his son showed up at his property, according to the report.

Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 men between 1978 and 1991.
netflix

Dahmer’s assistant, who wished to be identified only as Jeb, told The Sun he decided to arm himself for protection given the sudden infatuation.

He told this outlet that “from everything I have seen and personally witnessed, Lionel has not been contacted about any of these shows on Netflix.

“I personally spoke to a few lawyers and we also spoke to his editor about it because of all the chaos that’s going on and the stories that we’ve seen,” he said.

Lionel Dahmer, father of confessed serial killer Jeffrey L. Dahmer, is joined by his wife Shari on the first day of his son's mental health trial January 30, 1992 in Milwaukee.
Shari and Lionel Dahmer attend Jeffrey’s mental health trial on January 30, 1992 in Milwaukee.
PA

“Lionel and his power of attorney are gathering information and considering possible legal action against the production team or possibly Netflix,” adding that “Lionel’s welfare has not been given any consideration.”

Lionel Dahmer was previously in the national spotlight after his son was arrested in 1991 for the heinous murders.

He published a memoir, “A Father’s Story,” about Jeffrey Dahmer in 1994 – just months before Dahmer was bludgeoned to death in prison by fellow inmate Christopher Scarver.

In the book, he recounted how he had no idea his son was a murderer until he was arrested.

Jeb told The Sun that while he hasn’t watched the new Netflix series in its entirety, he feels Lionel Dahmer isn’t being represented fairly.

“Lionel was a very caring father. He was just trying to do his best in a time of uncertainty, he said.

“He thinks none of this should have been done, all the information that needs to be made public is in his book. Everything else is just glamorous and pays attention to details that are unproven.

“When I asked Lionel what he wanted me to tell people, he said, ‘All I have to say is in my book.’ But that’s as far as it goes,” the assistant said.

“Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”, developed by American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy, is the second most popular Netflix show behind Season 4 of Stranger Things.

New York Post

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button