Nature
Skip to content
Lawsuit finds second Peter Schroder, 93, died of poisoning at Atria Park seniors’ residence in San Mateo


SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) — Thanks to a lawsuit filed against Atria Park, ABC7 has learned of the second death of a poisoned resident at the San Mateo senior residence.

Last month, at least three of the residents received dish soap instead of juice. Trudy Maxwell, 93, died within days.

RELATED: Family Claims San Mateo Atria Park Staff Served Mother ‘Commercial-Grade Cleaner’, Killing Her

We now know that Peter Schroder, 93, who also received the washing up liquid, has died.

The latest records from the California Department of Social Services confirm that Atria Park in San Mateo has been investigated at least nine times by state officials since 2017.

RELATED: 93-year-old woman died after seniors served dish soap at San Mateo seniors’ residence

The lawsuit against Atria Park says Schroeder liked cranberry juice and thought he drank it. However, it ended up being a highly toxic cleaner and disinfectant that he drank.

The incident is under investigation, but facility officials say it was a mistake.

If you’re on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live

Copyright © 2022 KGO-TV. All rights reserved.




ABC7

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.