Frank Lampard is facing huge pressure as he hosts Manchester United at Goodison Park for their all-important Premier League clash this weekend.
The Toffees have not been happy lately as they continue to battle relegation, and their midweek loss to Burnley left them precariously one place above the relegation zone.
Lampard has lost six of his eight Premier League games since taking charge of the Merseyside club, and another defeat could potentially see Everton destined for a season in the Championship next year.
However, Manchester United will also have to put up a real fight if they are to claim Champions League football and avoid playing in Europe’s second-tier competition next season.
Ralf Rangnick’s side are currently seventh in the table, three points behind fourth, but it will take a serious spark for the club to get back on their feet and have a chance of playing in the Champions League.
talkSPORT EDGE examines which desperate club have the best chance of taking the vital three points ahead of this anticipated clash.
- Everton have won just one of their last 13 Premier League meetings with Manchester United (D6 L6), beating them 4-0 in April 2019 under Marco Silva.
- Manchester United won that exact match 3-1 last season – they haven’t won a consecutive away league game against Everton since a run of three between August 2005 and September 2007.
- Manchester United have won 37 Premier League games against Everton – only the Red Devils themselves (38 against Spurs) have beaten a single opponent more times in the competition’s history.
- Manchester United have scored at least once in each of their last 16 away matches in the Premier League (29 goals in total), their longest streak of away appearances without failing to score in the competition since November 2008 (18).
- Only the three promoted teams have lost more Premier League home games than Everton this season (7). However, the Toffees are looking for back-to-back league wins at home for the first time since September.
- Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in six goals in his four Premier League appearances against Everton (4 goals, 2 assists), including four in two at Goodison Park (3 goals, 1 assist).
- Since Ralf Rangnick’s first Premier League game in charge of Manchester United on December 5, only Man City and Liverpool (one each) have lost fewer Premier League games than the Red Devils (2 in 16 games).
- No Everton player has scored more Premier League home goals this season than Richarlison (3), although he hasn’t scored at Goodison Park in the league since December.
BEST BITS: Highlights from this week’s talkSPORT breakfast, exclusively on EDGE
Interest in Suarez, Mane, Rice and Phillips – EDGE transfer news roundup
The best bits from Thursday’s talkSPORT breakfast
Grealish threatens to unfollow Phillips on social media for shocking coaches
Watch Laura Woods, Alan Brazil and Ally McCoist EXCLUSIVELY only on talkSPORT EDGE
He’s going home
England to win 2022 World Cup 7/1 as starting XI revealed for first game