La Liga says that Barcelona does not respect the rules of the financial show and reported to the authorities a verifier that the club used for four days and who played a vital role in their authorization to use Dani Olmo and Pau Victor in the second half of the 2024-25 season.
According to La Liga, the nameless auditor was appointed by Barcelona on December 31 and provided a certificate to the League which confirmed that The sale of VIP seats to investors in the Middle East (worth 100 million euros at the club) Was correctly considered an income in the declaration of profit and loss of the club for the 2024-25 season.
It is this sale which turned out to be crucial to allow Barcelona to respect the financial regulations (although late) and to receive authorization from the Spanish government in January to play Olmo and Victor for at least three months.
It was then that the Concorte de Deportes (CSD) Consejo, the High Sports Council of the Government, examines the decision of the Liga and the RFEF to disturb the two players, which was due to the late deposit by Barcelona financial documents concerning the sale of the VIP headquarters. The CSD decision should be rendered on Monday, April 7.
The last issue, according to La Liga, is that Barcelona reported three listeners to La Liga in the space of three months and that the other two did not include the sale of VIP seats in their declarations to the League.
Grant Thornton was acting for Barcelona until December 31 and filed an interim financial state (IFS) without mention of VIP seats, and Crowe has been in place from the nameless listener and has filed an examination report limited to the Liga.
The Liga argues that according to the IF deposited by Grant Thornton that “Barcelona did not, on December 31, 2024 or on January 3, 2025, and it currently has no positive balance or recording capacity, known as the Fair Play ”, to record players Dani Olmo and Pau VĂctor.”
The League informed Barcelona that its squad cost limit had been reduced by the amount of the sale of VIP seats, on the basis of the subjected If.
La Liga also shared this with the CSD and intends to file an official complaint with the Spanish Institute for Accounting and Audit against the Anonymous Auditor used by Barcelona between December 31 and January 3.
Club president Joan Laporta said in response to the League declaration: “I have only said that Olmo and Pau Victor registrations have already been (finished) and that we followed each of the requirements required by the Federation and by the Liga. This continues to be the case. “
Since the beginning of January, Olmo and Victor have been available for the selection and Barcelona is currently on an undefeated race for 19 games and fighting for three trophies.
The Hansi Flick team leads the Liga, in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and play the first leg of their semi-final Copa del Rey on Wednesday evening against Atletico Madrid. Olmo played 12 times in all competitions at that time, while Victor appeared three times.
Barcelona refused to comment. Grant Thornton and Crowe were approached to comment.
(Airor Alcalde / Getty Images)