Minority House Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) Drew contempt on Twitter Wednesday night for the dismissive manner in which he responded to President Joe Biden’s first speech at a joint session of Congress.
It could all have been just an email.
– Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) April 29, 2021
Later on Fox News, McCarthy repeated the now disproved claim that Biden’s climate plan seeks to limit the amount of red meat Americans can eat.
The California Republican told prime-time personality Sean Hannity, “This continues, he wants control of your life. It will control how much meat you can eat. Can you imagine that? “
Critics called out McCarthy for his tweet and the literal red meat throw at the base of the GOP:
Hush. The adults speak.
– Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) April 29, 2021
I hate that this is what Republicans consider “smart.”
– President-elect Lenny (@CaptFancyPantz) April 29, 2021
So why did you go, Kev?
– Juan Escalante (@JuanSaaa) April 29, 2021
It wasn’t really your audience. No one in the room had to break in to get there.
– Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) April 29, 2021
“Why aren’t there more conservative comedians?”
– Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) April 29, 2021
you are a fucking shame
– Russ Bengtson (@russbengtson) April 29, 2021
Spoken like a guy who wants to keep Americans divided …
– Jeremy Comeau (@JeremyComeau) April 29, 2021
Wow good Kev you really got it
– BCapJe (@BCapJe) April 29, 2021
Your career could just be an emoji. A sad
– D Vel (@DVelascoAF) April 29, 2021
If they’re going to lie, can they at least come back to the taco trucks on every corner. This one at least looked funny.
– WhatIfBarackOrHillarySaidIt 💉😷🗳️ (@IfBarack) April 29, 2021