Categories: Entertainment

Justine Bateman’s attack on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s visit to Los Angeles are ‘sad’: source

Actress Justine Bateman’s attack on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s meeting with Los Angeles fire victims has been described as “sad” by a source with knowledge of the visit.

The “Family Ties” actress, 58, took to Eaton in Pasadena, calling it a “disgusting ‘photo op'” and calling the couple disaster tourists.

“Meghan Markle and Harry are no better than ambulance chasers,” Bateman wrote. “What a disgusting ‘photo shoot’ they pulled off.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle met with victims of the Eaton fire in Pasadena on Friday, January 10. KCAL/YouTube News
“Family Ties” actress Justine Bateman slammed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, calling them “disaster tourists.” FilmMagic, Inc.

“Are they surveying the damage?” she asked in her rebroadcast of news footage showing the couple in Pasadena, California, a stone’s throw from Altadena, one of the communities hardest hit by the fires. “Are they politicians now? They don’t live here; they are tourists. Damaged tourists.

However, a source with knowledge of Harry and Meghan’s visit to the Pasadena Convention Center and affected areas of Altadena told the Post that Bateman’s characterization of the events is simply false.

“Justine’s claims are not only sad, but they are also very misinformed,” the source told the Post. “They just arrived,” the source added, noting that the couple’s trip was meant to be an incognito visit.

Harry and Meghan were spotted Friday evening at the convention center after Pasadena Mayor Victor Gordo and California first lady Jennifer Siebel Newsom lured news crews to the venue, which was used as a venue for evacuation for victims of the Eaton fire.

The Duchess of Sussex was seen with her arm around a fire victim she spoke with on Friday. KCAL/YouTube News
Meghan and Harry have heard “heartbreaking stories” from survivors, a source previously told The Post. FOX 11 Los Angeles
Prince Harry hugged Pasadena Mayor Gordo during the visit. FOX 11 Los Angeles

A source previously told the Post that Friday’s visit was not a planned press event but rather an effort to make a meaningful difference in the community while trying to avoid causing disruption.

Harry and Meghan spent a lot of time volunteering before meeting with Mayor Gordo and Ms. Newsom, who offered to take them to some of the affected areas to help them understand the severity of the situation and discuss how they could further contribute to relief efforts.

Ahead of the visit, the Duke and Duchess made financial donations through their Archewell Foundation and donated physical items to help wildfire victims. The Post understands some of these items were personal items, including toys previously owned by Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet and clothing.

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, right, talks with Pasadena Mayor Victor Gordo, center, and Doug Goodwin, whose home was destroyed by the Eaton Fire, in Altadena, Calif., on Friday January 10, 2025. P.A.

The Post has contacted a representative for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.

Meghan, 43, and Harry, 40, dressed casually for their day of volunteering, donning baseball caps as they tried to keep a low profile. The former “Suits” star and Los Angeles native opted for a blue LA Dodgers cap, while Harry chose a black “Cali” hat from Los Angeles-based brand James Perse.

Sources told the Post that the Duke and Duchess strived to be supportive and helpful both physically and emotionally without causing chaos.

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, with Pasadena Mayor Victor Gordo at a home destroyed in the Eaton Fire in Altadena on Friday, January 10, 2025. MediaNews Group via Getty Images

After serving meals alongside volunteers from chef Jose Andrés’ World Central Kitchen (WCK), meeting with seniors and families affected by the crisis, speaking with first responders, and touring areas devastated by the fires, Meghan and Harry expressed their gratitude to all the teams. working tirelessly to support the community.

The Duke and Duchess have pledged further support for recovery and rebuilding efforts and have already planned additional visits to the community, sources told The Post.

Justine Bateman, 2018. Getty Images
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during their visit to Colombia in August 2024. Office of the Colombian Vice President via Getty Images

Mayor Gordo congratulated Harry and Meghan during an interview with Fox 11.

“They didn’t come here to advertise; they came here to work,” Gordo said.

“We went to visit some families in the affected area and saw some of the affected areas for ourselves,” he added. “And then they wanted to go visit the first responders and thank them personally for their efforts to help our families and our neighbors.

“They really boosted the morale of the first responders.”

The Sussexes have posted resources on their website for those wanting to help wildfire victims and suggested those who are able to open their homes to loved ones and friends who have been evacuated.

The couple recently opened their sprawling $29.5 million Montecito mansion to their friends displaced by the Los Angeles fires.

As of Monday, the combined death toll from the Los Angeles fires that began last week stood at at least 24 people. Nearly 200,000 more people were displaced and 39,000 acres of land were burned.

Eleon

Recent Posts

The former ESPN commentator, Pablo Torre

The Pablo Torre podcaster produced a bomb report concerning the attendance of LeBron James at…

32 seconds ago

Fears are increasing for foreign technology workers in Silicon Valley for travel

Silicon Valley technological companies employing foreign workers rush towards the fear of visa holders if…

2 minutes ago

Scriptwriter ‘Taxi Driver’ accused of sexual assault

The filmmaker Paul Schrader is the subject of a trial by a former personal assistant,…

6 minutes ago

Car manufacturers are looking for “the opportunity in chaos” of Trump prices

The trucks are indicated from a view of the drone after erased American customs and…

10 minutes ago

The return car to the taste of Norris as a “small margin” costs him the Japanese GP post

Lando Norris insists that he is much more satisfied with his car McLaren Formula 1…

11 minutes ago

We had planned to pass our retirement to travel, now we cannot afford it

I had always dreamed of traveling to retirement, and my husband and I had made…

13 minutes ago