Jose Mourinho was struck with a ban on three games after seeming to seize the nose of the boss of Galatasaray Okan Buruk in breathtaking scenes.
Mourinho’s Fenerbahce side was thrown out of the Turkish Cup after a 2-1 defeat by their ferocious rivals on Wednesday evening and the tensions spread when a mass fight between the two players broke out after the final whistle.
After approaching Buruk from behind, Mourinho apparently pinched his nose of his opposite number. Buruk, 51, then fell to the ground, covering her face with his hands.
Mourinho, 62, was also slapped with a fine of 292,500 Turkish (£ 5,955).
After the match, Buruk tried to play the incident, saying that there was “nothing between me and Mourinho”. However, he admitted that it was “not a chic decision”.
But Galatasaray delighted fire after having sensitively accused the self -proclaimed special of Buruk “physically attacking”. They also filed a criminal complaint with the office of the Chief Prosecutor of Istanbul who was rejected on Friday.
Jose Mourinho was struck by a ban after pincing the nose of Galatasaray Okan Buruk
Mourinho will miss three crucial championship games after the incident after the defeat of his team
Buruk, 51, fell on the ground and held his face with his hands while Mourinho was distant
The Professional Football Disciplinary Council said they had taken into account Buruk’s actions, which allowed Mourinho to receive a reduced suspension.
Mourinho will now miss the crucial Turkish super lig matches against Trabzonspor, Sivasspor and Kayserispor, with his leaders who drag the Galatasaray team by six points.
Fenerbahce said Buruk acted “as if he had been shot” before alleging that he had also made “disrespectful hands -by” to provoke Mourinho in the fray.
Salvatore Foti, Mourinho’s assistant, received a ban on four games for an insult to an opposing team player ” while Fenerbache Mert Yandas midfielder, sent during a crash stop time, will serve a suspension of a match.
Tensions were already raised between the two clubs after Galatasaray promised to start criminal procedures against Mourinho, saying that the former Chelsea boss, Manchester United and Tottenham had made `racist statements ” after a draw in February.
Fenerbahce threw their weight behind Mourinho despite his role in the unsightly breakdown break, saying that they “are not there to play by Old Rules”.
Fethi Pekin, a member of the board of directors, told Sky Sports: “Mourinho represents all that this club is targeting. Ambition, courage and an incessant desire to win.
“He does not take an optional loss.
Mourinho was also slapped with a fine of 292,500 Turkish (£ 5,955) after the crash
Tensions spread after the Turkish Cup tie with the two benches faced with each other
“He is not there to train 90 minutes of football. It is here to build a winning culture, and sometimes it means to speak and stand up in front of provocation.
“What happened in the recent derby match was not just a football rivalry. It was an orchestrated effort to provoke our bench, our team, our players and our manager.
“Mourinho responded with a fire in himself and a challenge of someone who refuses to be intimidated. And let me say this very, very clearly, as a board of directors of Fenerbahce, we are entirely behind Jose Mourinho.
“We have not hired Mourinho to adapt to this system.
“We hired it to raise the bar. And raising the bar makes people uncomfortable. It’s good. We are not here to play by the old rules.