Categories: sports

Jim Bowden thinks there will be an investigation into the Dodgers’ Roki Sasaki deal

Former front office official suggests foul play in Dodgers’ signing of Roki Sasaki.

Just minutes after the Japanese ace announced on Instagram that he would be joining the Dodgers next season, former MLB general manager Jim Bowden said in a conversation on “Foul Territory” that he thought An investigation could take place regarding the deal.

“I think you’re going to find that there are going to be multiple teams that are going to ask the commissioner’s office to investigate this particular signing,” Bowden said on Foul Territory. “Several front offices believed that there was a pre-arranged agreement between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Roki Sasaki before this process began and before the window arrived where you are allowed to negotiate with the player. This was of course denied by his camp.

Sasaki narrowed his long list this week to three teams – Dodgers, Padres and Blue Jays – before finally signing with Los Angeles on Friday.


Jim Bowden spoke about signing Roki Sasaki on “Foul Territory” on Friday. Offending territory/X

In November, Sasaki’s agent, Joel Wolfe of Wasserman, publicly denied any claims of an unwritten agreement.

“While a group of executives who should know me better and do a lot of business with me are insulting my integrity by insinuating that I would be part of some sort of nefarious deal,” Wolfe told The Athletic, “in reality , that’s just bad sportsmanship.

When asked about the allegations in November, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said he did not believe in a private deal, but mentioned his office would look into the matter.

“But you know, we’ll see what happens there,” Manfred told The Athletic. “If there is reason to believe that there has been a violation of any of our rules, you can be assured that we will investigate thoroughly and attempt to get to the bottom of the matter.”


Roki Sasaki’s agent publicly denied any allegations of an unwritten agreement late last year. P.A.

During his free agency, the talk around the Sasaki competition finally shifted away from Los Angeles, with rumors that the phenom wanted to sign with a small market team, Bowden explained.

“We were told that a small deal would probably make sense because of the problems he (Sasaki) has had with the media in Japan,” Bowden said. “We were told that endorsements played a big role. »

Bowden went on to say that almost every MLB front office who spoke to him thought Sasaki was “a done deal before the process started.”

Sasaki made his announcement Friday, with The Athletic reporting he received a $6.5 million signing bonus.

He will strengthen a team that already includes Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Blake Snell and Tyler Glasnow and should have Shohei Ohtani back from injury.

s92oQeSxPt

Recent Posts

Gophers rolls against Belmont for the WBIT title

As a journalist on television, was trying to interview him on the ground at Historic…

5 minutes ago

Residents claim that the current clashes between pro-HTS forces, FDI, near Daraa

Armed clashes between the Tsahals and the Pro-Ha'yat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) fighters in Daraa in…

6 minutes ago

5 trends in the spring jacket to accommodate the transition time in style

The transition from winter to the spring occupies a special place in everyone's heart. When…

8 minutes ago

The EU aims at the “simplification” hammer to the laws on green energy – politico

But others do not agree. "I would be very worried", efforts to reopen the texts,…

10 minutes ago

Jose Mourinho plugs the nose of Galatasaray Manager after a loss of Turkish cut tired of conflicts between the players – Firstpost

The legendary football manager Jose Mourinho finds himself once again at the center of a…

11 minutes ago

Oakland Ballers, San Jose Giants meet in the New Bay Area Pro baseball series

San Jose - The Giants of San Jose and the Ballers of Oakland were in…

12 minutes ago