Elton John talked about his distress of losing his sight and how he can no longer watch his young sons play.
John revealed in a social media position last year that a “serious eye infection” had left him “with a limited vision in an eye”.
In an interview with The Times, the singer and singer-songwriter, who has two children, Zachary, 14, and Elijah, 12, with her husband, filmmaker David Furnish, said that he “could not see TV” and that he had “not been able to see anything since last July”.
He added: “I can’t read. I do not see my boys playing rugby and football, and it was a very stressful period because I used to dip everything. It’s painful.
“You become emotional, but you have to get used to it because I am lucky to have the life I have. I always have my wonderful family, and I can always see something from here,” he said, pointing his left eye.
He added: “You say to yourself, go for it.”
John previously said that his eye problems had affected his ability to record music and left him “stuck”.
However, he recently recorded who believes in the angels ?, A collaboration with the American singer Brandi Carlile, who involved working with producer Andrew Watt and his long -term composition partner Bernie Taupin.
Last month, and before the album released on Friday, John and Carlile organized an evening of performance and narration at London Palladium.
His title taking place in Glastonbury in 2023 had previously been his last performance in the United Kingdom, as part of his farewell tour at 330 dates Yellow Brick Road, which ended with a spectacle emotionally in Stockholm, Sweden.
John thought about how he was doing “120 shows per year”, but said that having children had made him move his point of view.
“I always said that I wanted to die on stage,” he said. “Now I want my tombstone to read:” He was a grandfather. My career has been wonderful, but children are what matters. »»
By thinking about his career, he said that he was “riddled with music” and that it was the “biggest gift” that was ever given. “Here I am at 78, I feel better than ever,” he said.
Gesting in his eyes, he added: “He’s a bastard, but we are recovering. There is much more to do.”
Sixty-six games of the madness of March later, the masculine national championship match takes place…
This week, the Trump administration made it possible to bring back sweeping prices around the…
Lionel Messi has launched a collection of wines as part of a new commercial enterpriseEnzo…
By Fatima Hussein | Associated PressPalm Beach Gardens, Florida - President Donald Trump plans to…
The Original Misfits (11:20, outdoor theater)Above and beyond (9:45 am, outdoor theater)Clairo (8:15, outdoor theater)Gustavo…
What happened San Antonio - Five at the bottom, one to go for Gators.Florida beat…