Categories: World News

Israel orders the evacuation of the city of southern Gaza de Rafah

The Israeli army has published a new evacuation order for the South Gaza Strip – the largest since its offensive on Palestinian territory resumed earlier this month.

The soldiers asked residents of the city of Rafah and in some parts of Khan Younis Voisin to leave immediately for the Al-Mawasi humanitarian zone, warning that his forces “returned to intense operations to dismantle the capacities of terrorist organizations” in the regions.

The Palestinians who had returned home to Rafah during the recent two-month-old ceases between Israel and Hamas are now starting to flee.

About a fifth of Gaza is now covered by evacuation orders.

The United Nations Human Rights Office warned last week that the evacuations had not complied with the requirements of international law, accusing Israel of not taking measures to provide housing to affected people or ensuring satisfactory conditions of hygiene, health, safety and nutrition.

The Israeli government said that he was evacuating civilians to protect them from Hamas fighters, which he has accused of using them as human shields in violation of international law. The Israeli army also insisted that it did everything it can to limit civilian victims.

Israel has renewed its air and terrestrial campaign against Hamas on March 18, blaming the Palestinian armed group for rejected a new American proposal to extend the ceasefire and release the 59 hostages still in captivity in Gaza. Hamas, in turn, accused Israel of having violated the initial agreement they had agreed in January.

More than 1,000 people across Gaza have been killed since then, according to the Ministry of Health managed by Hamas in the territory.

The UN says that food and medical supplies are also exhausted for 2.1 million inhabitants because Israel has also blocked humanitarian aid deliveries on the territory since March 2.

Israel launched its first major operation in Rafah, on the border with Egypt last May, leaving large ruined parts.

However, tens of thousands of people returned to what remained of their house in the city during the ceasefire.

During their previous operation in Rafah, Israeli forces seized a strategic buffer zone along the border with Egypt and do not withdraw as provided in the cease-fire agreement.

Israel said he had to maintain a presence to prevent weapons from smuggling in Gaza and Hamas’ rearness.

Rafah’s moved resident Haifa Duhair said she was forced to flee on foot with her little daughter and three other young children on Monday because no transport was available.

“We returned home two months ago … Even if the house is destroyed, with bursts of buses and broken windows,” she told the news agency in Reuters.

“(My daughter) was born in the tent, and today they ordered the trip for any Rafah,” she added. “Half of our children worked in front of us and the other half stayed with us. May God help us.”

Meanwhile, other fatal air strikes have been reported through Gaza while the Israeli army said it was targeting Hamas.

Eight people, including three children and two women, were killed when a house was affected in the Tuffah district of Gaza City in the North, according to the Civil Defense Agency managed by Hamas.

Images of a Khan Younis hospital also showed a young boy among several people killed.

The Israeli army said that the troops carrying out operations to extend the “security perimeter” in the north and the center of Gaza had dismantled an underground tunnel of 1 km belonging to Hamas and eliminated more than 50 “terrorists”.

The Israeli army launched a campaign to destroy Hamas in response to an unprecedented cross -border attack on October 7, 2023, in which around 1,200 people were killed and 251 were taken hostage.

According to the Ministry of Health of the territory, more than 50,350 people were killed in Gaza during the war that followed.

William

Recent Posts

Friends honor Austin Metcalf, victim of a deadly Frisco track meets stabs, on social networks

Austin Metcalf's latest Instagram post, made 27 weeks ago, shows several strokes of him in…

3 minutes ago

American tourists were arrested after visit to North Sentinel Island restricted

Influencers on social networks constitute a "new and growing threat" for indigenous unisposed peoples, warned…

4 minutes ago

With the deadline of Tiktok, the details of an emerging potential agreement

Two days before a deadline for Tiktok to sell to a non-Chinese company or otherwise…

11 minutes ago

Roblox could follow Elon Musk out of Delaware

The reputation of Delaware as a most suitable state for businesses in the country has…

12 minutes ago

Best gift experience for Mother’s Day

Our writers and publishers independently determine what we cover and recommend. When you buy via…

13 minutes ago

Luke Littleler debated by Chris Dobey in the darts of the Premier League after the end of Teen Star drops him to Berlin

Chris Dobey beat Luke Littler 6-2 at night 9 of the Premier League dartsLittleler missed…

14 minutes ago