Categories: Uncategorized

investigators want an extension of the warrant, police cite a “legal dispute” – RT in French

South Korea’s Senior Corruption Investigation Office (CIO) said on January 6 that it had requested an extension of the arrest warrant against President Yoon Seok-yeol. Summoned to apply this mandate, the South Korean police pointed to “a legal dispute” concerning the letter sent to them by the IOC.

The arrest warrant against Yoon Seok-yeol, following his failed attempt to impose martial law, expired on January 6 at midnight (6 p.m. Moscow time). Earlier in the day, the Office of Investigation of Senior Corruption announced that it would request the extension of this warrant issued on December 31 by a court in Seoul.

“We plan to request an extension today, which requires stating the reasons for exceeding the standard seven-day deadline,” IOC deputy director Lee Jae-seung told reporters. He also indicated that the IOC had sent a letter to interim President Choi Sang-mok on January 4 “to demand cooperation from the Presidential Security Service regarding the mandate”, without obtaining a response.

A presidential security service (PSS) which had prevented the arrest of the deposed president on January 3, opposing for several hours the officials of the IOC and the police who had entered his official residence in Seoul. Since then, the PSS has threatened to file a complaint for “unauthorized intrusion” into the presidential residence. Its leader, Park Chong-jun, as well as his deputy Kim Seong-hoon, are now being prosecuted for their obstruction, the news agency reported Yonhap.

According to the same source, the CIO also sent a letter to the police on January 5 so that they could execute the arrest warrant. A request, for the moment, rejected by the police. “Following an internal legal review, we determined that the IOC’s official letter on the execution order posed a legal dispute,” a senior police official, Baek Dong-heum, told reporters on January 6. cited by Yonhap. “We will continue to consult the IOC regarding the execution of the detention warrant,” he assured.

Yoon Seok-yeol was suspended from his role as president following Parliament’s adoption of an impeachment motion on December 14, days after his failed attempt to impose martial law on the night of December 3-4 . Yoon rejects the accusations of rebellion and abuse of power brought against him and assured on December 12 that he would “fight to the end”. His former Defense Minister, Kim Yong-hyun, who resigned immediately after the state of emergency was lifted, has already been arrested.

RT All Fr Trans

William

Share
Published by
William

Recent Posts

The Trump administration triggers three national security council officials

The Trump administration has drawn at least three officials from the National Security Council, with…

9 seconds ago

Trump prices could hardly reach Meta, Amazon and other advertising companies

Amazon and Meta could be the major losers of the new prices of President Donald…

1 minute ago

Kaitlyn Bristowe made rare comments on ex-fiancé Shawn Booth

Kaitlyn Bristowe grabs a thorny rose. The Bachelor Nation star recently unpacked her past relationship…

2 minutes ago

Chelsea 1-0 Tottenham: Enzo Fernandez goes blues in the first four while the long reviews Var see objectives underlying at both ends

Enzo Maresca returned home with a Cole Palmer cross in the 50th minuteMoises Caicedo and…

4 minutes ago

The prices of bananas, coffee, hygienic paper could increase

A customer is producing products in a weekly grocery store in Austin, Texas, February 12,…

8 minutes ago

The judge says that the American government may have “acted in bad faith” when he weighs contempt rather than the expulsion order

By Lindsay Whitehurst, Michael Kunzelman and Alanna Durkin RicherWashington (AP) - A federal judge said…

9 minutes ago