- You can contact Amazon’s customer service team through the website.
- For basic issues, Amazon’s customer service page has helpful FAQs and support articles.
- For complicated issues, you can call Amazon directly at 1-888-280-4331.
Since we order everything from household essentials to clothing to groceries on Amazon, not to mention relying on devices like the Amazon Echo, Alexa, Kindles and Fire tablets, there’s no doubt you’ll need to contact the online retailer at any given time to initiate a return, make changes to an order, or troubleshoot a feature.
And while Amazon often makes it difficult to contact them, there are a variety of ways to use their customer service tools. And some of them even let you talk to a real person.
Amazon Customer Service Help Page
The fastest way to get help with an Amazon order or account is to visit the customer service page.
The majority of your questions and issues can probably be resolved through this one page. If you need help tracking down an order that didn’t arrive, initiating a refund, reloading a gift card, managing your account details, or troubleshooting devices, check out the help articles on this page.
Call Amazon customer service
Amazon’s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331and this number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Like most major retailers, Amazon prefers that you use one of its automated customer support methods. Even if you call them directly, you’ll be talking with a bot before you hear from a real person. But if you keep digging, you’ll eventually connect with a human.
This method also requires that you have a cell phone connected to your Amazon account, as you will need to enter a verification code which will be texted to you.
If the call seems like a problem, you can also use their online live chat.
Use Amazon Live Chat
Often, an online chat with an Amazon customer service representative is an easier way to get in touch with Amazon and resolve an issue. Here’s how.
1. Go back to the help page we talked about above and select the Something else option at the top.
2. When asked what you need help with, select i need more help.
3. A new window will open and Amazon’s automated email robot will ask you what your problem is. Say: “Speak to a representative”.
4. The bot will give you a few options, the first two of which lead to talking with a real person. Select either Chat with a partner now to talk with them via chat, or Request a phone call talk to someone on the phone.
How to Email Amazon Customer Service
If you prefer to contact Amazon by email, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, they really don’t like dealing with customer support issues via email, so it can take a long time to get a response.
How to Contact Amazon via Social Media
If your preferred method of communication is social media, you can comment, tweet or hashtag any of their many accounts. It’s not the most efficient way to reach them, but it can work if you’re patient.
Amazon’s customer service Twitter account is @amazonhelp. Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon. And on Instagram they are – you guessed it – @amazon.