Categories: World News

Hamas says Israel struck Gaza target where woman was held hostage

On Wednesday evening, the IDF continued its attacks inside Gaza, carrying out around fifty airstrikes.

A statement said they will provide all necessary assistance and support to the returned hostages and their families in all aspects, emphasizing close medical and mental care and support, and strengthen emotional and guidance for all families.

Regarding one of the strikes, Hamas claimed on Thursday that Israel had struck a target in Gaza where one of the female hostages – who should be released in the first phase of the agreement – was being held, the spokesperson announced. Abu Obeida speaks on Telegram.

“Any act of aggression and bombardment at this stage by the enemy can turn the freedom of a prisoner into a tragedy,” the statement continued.

Israeli soldiers seen operating in Beit Hanoun, northern Gaza Strip, during an Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip, December 12, 2023. (credit: CHAIM GOLDBEG/FLASH90)

One specific strike that the IDF insisted on was against a Nukhba terrorist who participated in the October 7 massacre.

The Nukhba terrorist, identified as Muhammad Al-Hisham Zahdi Abu al-Rous, infiltrated Israel and participated in the Nova Music Festival massacre.

The army also killed other Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) terrorists in airstrikes in Gaza.

Targets of the strikes included Hamas and PIJ terrorists, military installations, weapons storage sites, rocket launch positions and observation posts, the military said.

Previous similar allegations

This is not the first time that Abu Obeida has claimed that an Israeli hostage was targeted by an IAF strike; in November 2024, he claimed that a female hostage had been killed in an area of ​​northern Gaza struck by the IDF.

In the same message, he states: “Danger still threatens the life of another woman (prisoner) who was with her,” suggesting that another Israeli hostage was injured. His status remains uncertain.


Stay informed with the latest news!

Subscribe to the Jerusalem Post newsletter


The Israeli military later said it was “currently reviewing the information” and could not “confirm or deny its authenticity.”

IDF sources indicated that they were not required to strike in Gaza until the agreement comes into force: it is currently estimated to take place on Sunday.

On Thursday morning, reports turned out to be false that Palestinians had fired a rocket near Nir Am.

However, the military did not specify what the object causing the rocket siren was.

William

Recent Posts

Cardinal Krajewski: 20 years ago, the world was motionless, kneeling and cried

Two decades after the death of Pope John Paul II, Cardinal Konrad Krajewski, who has…

51 seconds ago

While my prosperous military husband, I collapse while my dreams disappeared

When I became a military spouse after 11 years of marriage, I thought that the…

2 minutes ago

10 fashionable choices from $ 10

Our writers and publishers independently determine what we cover and recommend. When you buy via…

3 minutes ago

Femme Fencer refuses to compete with the trans opponent, takes the knee before the expulsion; Navratilova Slams USA Fencing – Firstpost

A female chop was expelled from a competition after refusing to face a transgender opponent,…

5 minutes ago

The new James Bond producers of Amazon MGM are in London to start

Amazon MGM gets to work on Bond. Courtenay Valenti, head of cinema, streaming and theatrical…

14 minutes ago

Atlanta Braves Nouvelles: Amazing sequence of defeats, Nick Allen, more

The start of this season was a legitimately historic exercise in futility for the brave.…

16 minutes ago